ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long and complicated.. case of fraud.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oschayels
Newly Registered

Long and complicated.. case of fraud.

Post by oschayels » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:08 pm

Basically, I know someone who claimed asylum in this country over a totally false basis. By the time I found out and reported it, even then I don't know if it was to the correct people it was too late. Her and her 3 children recived their british passports. Basically the woman i am talking about came into this country in 2002, she had 2 children and had previosly been living in pakistan. she claimed that she was seeking asylum because her in-laws and her husband were a danger to her and her 2 daughters. Later her husband came over (he got a visa to come over for some cricket thing) and they acted as if they met here and got married here and they then had a daughter together here. They claimed that the older two daughters were not his and that they infact only met when they were here in the uk, which again was totally untrue. her husband then overstayed on his visa for 4 years. when he went back to pakistan as he was advised to do so by his solicitor, so that he could enter the uk with legit papers, however his visa was denied 2 times as he also admitted working here driving a taxi for 4 years without paying and taxes and yet his wife feels like it's her right to claim money which neither of them have ever contributed to.

His wife is on benefits, so his visa was refused because and then she tried to apply as a full time student but again it was refused because she could not support him without access to public funds. Her and her children recieved their nationality on 30th october 2007, they then applied for their passports and recieved them on 13th of november, she then flew out to pakistan to see her husband, basically she's gone on holiday for 2 months and won't be returning until late January. She also hasn't informed the benefits agency that she's gone on holiday and has asked her brother to continue taking money out of her account to pay her bills and so basically her money doesnt pile up in her account. Her and her husband have never paid any taxes and they get away with lying and cheating this country. (Her claim of asylum went through because of some amnesty deal that the goverment made earlier this year, something to do with a backlog of cases and clearing them).

my questions: If she was seeking asylum from the country she is visiting does it not make her claim void as she's gone back there for 2 months? Or are you allowed to do what you want once you have a british passport? Doesn't it say you have to be of a good character somewhere? this certainley proves both of them are not. The other thing being will her husband be allowed back in the uk if his claim has already been rejected twice? taking into account his wife now has a british passport.

It makes me sad to think legit cases get sent back home and cases like this suceed.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:24 pm

Yes I understand your anger, as this woman and her family have clearly commited fraud.
It is a great pity that the BIA don't seem to have a facility to deal with cases like this.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:36 pm

We only know one side of the story here - don't be so quick to condemn.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:47 pm

VictoriaS wrote:We only know one side of the story here - don't be so quick to condemn.

Victoria
There are always three sides to tales like these, the OP's, the person the OP mentions, and the truth.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:38 pm

I know of a similar case where a woman with 2 daughters was granted ILR, she claimed her life was in danger in Pakistan (a diff case than the one mention above though), she has been given a British passport, never worked a single day and been on benefits ever since she received the initial refugee status. Now she is married to another man, has five children, none of them work.

Whereas I am a graduate, unlikely to claim benefits (well ok fair enough the home office doesnt know whether I will claim benefits if granted ILR but I wouldnt want a few hundred pounds after graduating from uni). My father wouldnt qualify for any benefits or pension. But nah they dont want hardworking, literate people like me.

The home office and politicians still claim that the system is FAIR!

Sorry about the rant but the cases like these anger me a lot.