ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 -no certificate just Reference

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Viktoria27

B1 -no certificate just Reference

Post by Viktoria27 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi all,
Couldn't find answer to my query.

Do you have to attach certificate of the B1 language test or is the reference sufficient? My test is on Saturday and my NCS is on Tuesday so I belive the certificate won't arrive till then. The Lady from Trinity college said that we will get 24 digit reference so I hope thats enough? Would appriciate if someone could answer my query.

Gomjaba

Re: B1 -no certificate just Reference

Post by Gomjaba » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Based on the guidance for AN you are required to send the original certificate alongside your application.

Don't leave yourself open for problems / delays so I suggest postponing the NCS appointment.

Sandy_surrey
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy_surrey » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:55 am

Hi ,

I am.in a same situation like you , I confirmed with Trinity that we only need to provide unique reference number also from the guidelines extracted frim UKVI. Please find below, hope it clarifies:
Applications made on or after 12 November 2015 For naturalisation applications made on or after 12 November 2015 and settlement applications made on or after 19 November 2015, the only tests that are acceptable are qualifications covering speaking and listening at B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list in the Immigration Rules, Appendix O. No other tests are acceptable. The test must be taken at an approved test centre – see link for list of approved test centres. The test must have been taken no more than 2 years before the date of application. Applicants do not need to supply any evidence - instead they must provide a unique reference number (URN). The URN is in the following format: XXX/123456/123456/123456789. This consists of the:  first three letters of the SELT provider’s name  date of test  test centre number  candidate number You must use the URN to verify the test result on the provider’s online verification system :  (Trinity – https://trinityverify.trinitycollege.co.uk  ISC – https://ukvi.cambridgeenglish.org/)

Viktoria27

Refused Asylum-good Character Please advise

Post by Viktoria27 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:47 am

I would very much appriciate if some could advice us please.

We as a family are apllying for British Citizenship and not sure if my husband application could be refused . Here is timeline :
December 2004 arrived illegaly,registtered with HO day after arrival, application for Asylum refused and appeal rights exausted

2006 Made resh asylum claim which was later refused however my hubby keept reporting to HO every week since 2004).
June 2006 we meet and started relationship ( Im EEA national)
Made COA to get married in 2007 (had to prove our relationship from 2006)
Married January 2008
EEA2 issued end of 2008

PR issued February 2015

Is it likely he will get British citizenship granted if we apply now?
Or will he be refused due to the new good character requirement?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Refused Asylum-good Character Please advise

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:57 am

He's unlikely to be granted BC before 2018. 10 years from the date when he was issued with his EEA2 residence permit.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:12 am

Thank you for you answer. That is really disapointing. As one would think he was here legally,getting help from HO (finances,education)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:49 pm

Unfortunately, 'getting help from HO/gov' does not confer automatic legal status in a country. Agree with what Casa has said (2018).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:40 pm

Viktoria27 wrote:Thank you for you answer. That is really disapointing. As one would think he was here legally,getting help from HO (finances,education)
HO guidance is clear on this:
Just because you were given ILR does not mean we will automatically disregard the time you were in breach of immigration laws during the residential qualifying period. Any immigration offences will also be considered as part of the Good Character requirement. This includes immigration breaches in the 10 year period before you apply for naturalisation.
Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf
- see page 6
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:17 pm

How about the time when we have been in relationship so from june 2006? Leaving at the same address and I was exercising treaty rights also 'being his sponsor' doesnt the clock of being 'good character' start there? We needed to prove all that when applying for COA to get married and then for EE1 and EEA2 in 2008.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Did he have a residence card as an EEA unmarried partner?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:45 pm

No, we applied for card after getting married.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:41 pm

Then that period is unlikely to count as legal stay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi Viktoria,
My case same as like your husband. my experience as below's:
During visit i clam asylum, was refuse in 2004. and no right to appeal. Return my passport too.
Visa was still valid. but after my appeal application. i start signing too, till asylum case accepted.
Recently my Naturalisation application is refuse, 2004 to 2007 in touch with H/O, but H/O advice me complete 10 year. My reconsideration still pending.

In your situation, lucky your husband case will accepted.
But if don't want lose your money better to apply after 10 years the date he get status in this country.

Viktoria27 wrote:No, we applied for card after getting married.

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Thanks very much for your answer. Really helpfull

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:23 am

My Trinity College certificate didn't mention a SELT number, it had a load of random numbers and stuff at the bottom, so I ticked the box for having Grade 5 English language test but left the SELT number box blank, and NCS sent a copy of the certificate along with my application. Even the NCS adviser didn't know which one was the SELT number.

Viktoria27

How caseworker deal with application

Post by Viktoria27 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:42 pm

Dear members
Does anybody know when caseworker checks documents like the B1 language unique number? Is it straight after HO receives application? Or does it go trough payment process first and then passed onto caseworker?

narsii

Re: How caseworker deal with application

Post by narsii » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:45 pm

As per my knowledge , The application is only handed over to caseworker for further checks only after BIOMetrics has been provided .

Again I may be wrong .

Regards,
Narsii

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:55 pm

I believe once they receive the application , the take the money from the account and send you a letter for Bio metrics and a receipt for the payment. Once bio metrics is done then it is allocated to caseworker.
Once the bio metric done they take the money for passport also if it is JCAP application.

Why are you worried about the unique number of your English test.....
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

narsii

Post by narsii » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:00 pm

For me the amount/fee for the passport was taken before I did my BIO Metrics .

Regards
Narsii

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks for the answers. We submited appication today and as we dont yet have B1 certificate we only provided Unique number. Guy from NCS didn't know if thats sufficient and he phoned HO who said that it is fine.
The HO guy then checked my Unique number and said that nothing comes up . So we phoned Trinity college and they said it might take another 7 day for the pass results to be uploaded to the system .
Then the NCS guy said that if I submit application I might be loosing £1005 if when HO recieve appication and check the system nothing come up they will refuse me . I decided to do it hoping that by the time HO check the number it will be on the system as pass by then.

Viktoria27

Careless work of caseworker and NCS

Post by Viktoria27 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:30 am

3 weeks ago our family made two AN applications and two MN1 ones. 3 EEA passport holders and non EEA family member.

I can see now from other members that EU passport is not sufficient to poof 5 years residency. Yet NCS worker didnt take any of our documents prooving that we resided here. In his view passport is sufficient.
So now question arises what should I do? Contact HO ? Sent letters or will caseworker contact me asking for more documents?

Last week we have also received Request for Biometric.
Againg nothing is going smoothly.
Mine and my hubby details are fine. My daughter Nationality is wrong and my sons DOB is incorrect. HO have theirs birth certificate , passport copies ,application with correct details but yet the made big errors. How annoying that we get no repply from HO. We email them on 2 different email address.

Can please someone advise what to do with regards to those 2 situations . I would really appreciate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Careless work of caseworker and NCS

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:42 am

Did you submit documents proving Permanent Residence for all applicants?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am

Me and my husband hold PR for over 1 year therefore we provided PR cards with the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:56 am

PR cards should be sufficient and if HO does need more info, they will write to you.

Are your children UK born?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Yes,they were born in the Uk and hold EU passport.