ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK sponsor going abroad after submitting spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

UK sponsor going abroad after submitting spouse visa

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:13 am

Hi all,

Just a quick question if anyone has any insight,

My husband is in Pakistan and I'm sponsoring him. We're due to submit the spouse visa application late this month. I have a trip to Pakistan (to visit my husband) scheduled in the next couple of months.

Will it be an issue that I am away from the UK while our application is probably going to be processed? If they feel the need to call me for an interview for example, would this cause problems?

Thanks,
Rukhsar
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!

kimak

Re: UK sponsor going abroad after submitting spouse visa

Post by kimak » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:32 pm

It's better to be on the safe side, staying in the UK would probably be ideal but if you do want to visit whilst your application is being processed, make sure you have the roaming on or a number where they can reach you. Also, make sure you have a leave letter from your employer for the period covering your absence from the UK.
Applied: 14/11/2015
Refused: 02/03/2015
Appealed: 28/03/2015
Payment Taken: 20/04/2015
Appeal Notice: 15/06/2016
ECM Review Deadline: 28/09/2016
Overturned

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:57 pm

These days they are often calling sponsor as well as employer for clarification or to clear some doubts about jobs/earning so if your contact number is active in Pakistan and your job is ongoing and UK employer confirm your active employment then you will be fine but I would say if its not urgent then better wait until your application decided . You can opt for priority service which is being decided within weeks

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:45 pm

ILR1980 wrote:These days they are often calling sponsor as well as employer for clarification or to clear some doubts about jobs/earning so if your contact number is active in Pakistan and your job is ongoing and UK employer confirm your active employment then you will be fine but I would say if its not urgent then better wait until your application decided . You can opt for priority service which is being decided within weeks
I have taken the risk and booked my visit while they'll be processing my application. Although looking at timelines thread I doubt they will have looked at it! I did seek legal advice and was told if it has any impact on our application it should be positive, as long as I make them fully aware in my application that I'll be away from the UK during specific dates and how I'll be reachable.

My online application date will be 26th July 2016 but my husband will need a week or so before he can submit his passport and biometrics, so I'll be taking the latest appointment I can. Which means I can't send the documents to Sheffield until early August. Legal advice: you have upto 14 days to send the documents once they've had their biometrics appointment.

Priority (as tempting as it is) isn't an option for us now.
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!