ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paid Wrong Health surcharge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leo.Leo

Paid Wrong Health surcharge

Post by Leo.Leo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:31 am

Hi Everyone,
I was making payment for my wife spouse visa IHS from pakistan which should be around 600£ but after filling the details on Hleaht surcharge payment portal it took a payment of 270,000 Pkr which is 1963£ approx. i thought it includes visa fee as well so paid it but when i came back to online application it was asking me to pay for visa fee as well. i have spoken to visa and immigration helpline in Pakistan and they said to either pay the visa fee as well and wait for refund after the visa is granted or ask for refund now to restart the application again. i dont have extra funds to pay for visa fee now so have requested them through email to refund. does anyone know how long they take to refund the money? i am completely devastated as everything is ready and just dont know how long they will take to refund so that i can restart the application again. any experience please share.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Paid Wrong Health surcharge

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:01 am

A refund can take a couple of weeks.

I am guessing that you put your details into the IHS portal which is why it asked for so much.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leo.Leo

Post by Leo.Leo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:11 am

Yes I Did, but it was so confusing. there was a question like are you going to join someone in UK? and the obvious answer is yes and then it asked for my details. even the ukvi helpline person said so many people are making the same mistake but they are not removing that section. its just so frustrating as i have to wait for the refund and GOD knows how long they will take. Thanks for Replying

Leo.Leo

Post by Leo.Leo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:19 am

Hi CR001,

Its been almost a week i have not heard anything from UKVI for my multiple emails requesting them for refund. and after searching on the internet i have found out that Refund can take ages and most of the times they only refund when the application is processed not before that. that's why i have decided to make a new application again paying the correct IHS again and visa fee. Just wanted to ask you will there be any impact on my new application if i leave the old one as it is and wait for the refund. in old application i booked the appointment(Cancel it later after sending them refund request) paid the IHS but didn't pay the visa fee. Some people were suggesting me to continue with the old application by paying the visa fee and book appointment again but i have already requested them for refund so it will be complicated if they refund me in the middle of application somewhere so thats why not taking the risk Plus i think there were few mistakes in online application as well. and one more thing I Am on ILR so last time i entered my details on IHS Payment portal thats why it costed me that much. so should i leave that section where i filled in my details last time. Need your valuable opinion on it Please. Thanks