ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

igs or hsmp????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djc

igs or hsmp????

Post by djc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:49 pm

Hi There,

My friend has been living in the UK for 7 years and has just completed an MBA from one of the business schools that qualifies him for MBA HSMP. He is trying to balance the merits of applying for HSMP against IGS.
He believes that if he took the IGS for a year and then converted it into an HSMP at the end of the period, he may not have to have his HSMP extension done as he may qualify for th 10yr ILR rule( provided it is not scrapped). What is the best course of action? Would he have any problems in applying for the HSMP on the basis of his MBA over a year after he has graduated?Any other suggestions are welcome.Cheers and thanx in advance

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:23 am

Hi I heard that with the new rules MBA points for HSMP is going to be scrapped, I may be wrong, but I would suggest you to go for HSMP and go for the extension further instead of going to IGS+HSMP and suddenly if they scrap 10years rule, you will be in trouble.......

Think twice and take a wise decision.......and try to apply for HSMP before the new rules go live...(look into new rules to find if MBS is there are not)

good luck

Hiro
Newly Registered

Re: igs or hsmp????

Post by Hiro » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Your friend assumes the UK immigration system is constant and rules are permanently fixed. Your friend is playing the wrong game.

No question about it. Tell your friend to go for the best visa in town - HSMP
djc wrote:Hi There,

My friend has been living in the UK for 7 years and has just completed an MBA from one of the business schools that qualifies him for MBA HSMP. He is trying to balance the merits of applying for HSMP against IGS.
He believes that if he took the IGS for a year and then converted it into an HSMP at the end of the period, he may not have to have his HSMP extension done as he may qualify for th 10yr ILR rule( provided it is not scrapped). What is the best course of action? Would he have any problems in applying for the HSMP on the basis of his MBA over a year after he has graduated?Any other suggestions are welcome.Cheers and thanx in advance