ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving licence and visa refusal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lancer2016
Newly Registered
England

Driving licence and visa refusal

Post by Lancer2016 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:26 am

I applied for ILR in April 2016 and was refused due to tax issues,AR was refused as well but before I left the UK i got a letter from HO saying that they are going to ask the DVLA to revoke my driving licence,I immediately contacted them (the contact info on the letter ) via phone and email and and gave evidence that i'm leaving and showed my ticket,they said they cant do anything as they just follow orders but to speak to the original case working team,I sent another email to the HO gen email as I didnt have an email for the case working team and no one seemed to answer the phone and just kept getting a recorded message

I have since left the UK and its more than a month since I got the letter from HO about my driving licence

I have not got any letters regarding it since then either from the HO or DVLA

How do I know if my DL is still valid? I dont want to wake them up by contacting the DVLA either

I need my UK licence as in case I migrate ot Oz I can exchange this for an Oz licence also if by chance I get to come to the UK in the future I dont want to get a frsh licence as my currenct one is fully clean and 6+years of no claims bonus too

Please can someone suggest me ways to check if my licence has not been cancelled

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Driving licence and visa refusal

Post by ohara » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:18 pm

Try logging into the online driving record site: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Also, you will probably lose your insurance no claims bonus after a long period of not having an insurance policy anyway.

Lancer2016
Newly Registered
England

Re: Driving licence and visa refusal

Post by Lancer2016 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:43 pm

thanks I checked and apparently my licence is still valid (unless of course they didnt update the website),so far my former address in UK has not received any letter from DVLA either