ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 5 to TIER 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pgarcia
Newly Registered

TIER 5 to TIER 2

Post by pgarcia » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi ,

I am an Australian on the TIER 5 visa which is due to expire at the end of August this year.
I have been employed for almost 2 years with a company who has offered to sponsor me to stay in this role here in the UK. They have been approved with an A rating and I am ready to start the application process.

From what I have read online it seems I am unable to switch to a TIER 2 from a TIER 5 visa and will have to go back to Australia to apply. Is this correct or is there another way I can do this without flying back to Australia to apply and wait for it to be approved? Also as the TIER 2 application is online, can I apply from within the UK before I have to exit the country upon my visa expiring

Thanks!

noajthan

Re: TIER 5 to TIER 2

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:35 pm

RLMT?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

pgarcia
Newly Registered

Post by pgarcia » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:56 pm

regarding RLMT i wasn't sure at what stage that was supposed to happen? My employers sponsorship licence has already been approved so does this mean RLMT was not needed or is this the next step for them to do before I can apply?

Thanks!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:01 pm

pgarcia wrote:regarding RLMT i wasn't sure at what stage that was supposed to happen? My employers sponsorship licence has already been approved so does this mean RLMT was not needed or is this the next step for them to do before I can apply?

Thanks!
My understanding is, if not on the shortage occupation list, every job has to go through RLMT process before you could legitimately be offered the post. The employer (and/or you) can't set it all up and then do RLMT to tick the boxes.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.