ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

trulyspecialone
Newly Registered

Employer Letter

Post by trulyspecialone » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Hello Everyone

I came to UK in Oct 2011, with First employer on Tier 2 general, moved to current employer on Tier 2 General since 25June 2012. I dont have any gaps in employment etc.

Need a help regarding employer letter, I have seen various forums here where some of these questions are answered but I cant see any current ones regarding employer letters.

I met a solicitor for consultation who has advised me that from Jan 2016 onwards home office has been very stringent on the employer letters hence this post.

My Questions are
1) Did any one face issues with ILR due to employer letter being worded little differently?

My employer is willing to give me a employement letter in below format but hesitant to write anything else in specific such as foreseable future etc.

"This is to certify that Mr.XYZ (Emp No. 001234567), is a Permanent employee of ABC
Limited since June 25, 2012.

Mr.XYZ is on a long term assignment with effect from June 26, 2012 in the United
Kingdom. He is working with us as Technical Lead.

His current gross salary is GBP 50K per annum.

This letter is issued at the request of employee for Proof of Employment and cannot be used as
a formal detailed experience letter.

Should have any queries, please get in touch with us at +44 123456789 or email us at noname@abc.com"

2) Is the above letter duly stamped enough? or it is MUST to have a employment continuing for forseeable future etc?

I meet all other requirements quite easily. Any help in this regard will be a big help. I am planning to apply on 10th September 2016 and need some time to get these letters organised correctly.

leavetoremain

Re: Employer Letter

Post by leavetoremain » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:00 pm

Employer letter is mandatory (has always been) and you can't get ILR without that AFAIK.

trulyspecialone
Newly Registered

Post by trulyspecialone » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:41 pm

Hello Leavetoremain

I know its mandatory, and i can produce one que. is about the exact language or wordings that it need to say.
Does it have to say foreseeable future or employement is continuing ?

Letter mentioned above wont work is the ques mate ?

trulyspecialone
Newly Registered

Post by trulyspecialone » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:42 am

Hello Moderators, Experts

Any comments? I am looking at validating the format that my employer is willing to provide against what is in the guidance. Can someone please advise on above?

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:25 am

A line saying you are required for the job is mandatory in employer letter. The employer can say you are required for the role in any way without having to mention foreseeable future. For eg my employer wrote something on the line of 'XX will continue to work with us if granted Indefinite Leave to Remain. It will be a major setback for us if XX is not able to remain in the UK'

trulyspecialone
Newly Registered

Post by trulyspecialone » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:30 pm

Hello JoeLawerence2,

Big thanks for below clarification. Now I at least know to what to ask HR.

Thanks again, its a relief!! Will post here again with my experience with ILR application.

JackILR
Newly Registered

Post by JackILR » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi trulyspecialone,

Would you mind updating your status as I am currently undergoing the exact same situation as yourself ? Can you please let us know how did you finally word your letter while submitting your ILR application i.e. did you include the foreseeable future or not ? And is your ILR successfull ?

Thanks in Advance