ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT - When the ads and CVs are assessed?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mansourr61
Newly Registered

RLMT - When the ads and CVs are assessed?

Post by mansourr61 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi All,

I am on a Tier 2 G visa now. I have been offered a new job with NHS which was initially advertised for 14 days. In order to meet RLMT, they are going to advertise it for another 14 days. I believe, as a part of the RLMT, the employer will need to provide Home Office with the details of job ads as well as CVs of all the suitable applicants.

My question is, when does home office check these documents? Before issuing a CoS or on in person visa application day? I would like to know, if home office is not happy with RLMT, will they still issue a CoS and then reject my application or they will not issue a CoS at first place.

My second question is, does my wife have to apply at the same time as me or she can apply later separately? I am on Tier 2 G and my wife is my dependent.

Many thanks for your replies in advance.

Mansour

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: RLMT - When the ads and CVs are assessed?

Post by iworker » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:40 pm

u need unrestricted cos, so rlmt is checked after issuing of cos. at assigning of cos.
what job is it. some jobs are exempt rlmt for nhs for some years, not sure if that period is run out now or not.
they can apply afterwards as well.. u will need to have maintenance if they apply afterwards.

mansourr61
Newly Registered

Post by mansourr61 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:47 pm

iworker wrote:u need unrestricted cos, so rlmt is checked after issuing of cos. at assigning of cos.
what job is it. some jobs are exempt rlmt for nhs for some years, not sure if that period is run out now or not.
they can apply afterwards as well.. u will need to have maintenance if they apply afterwards.
Hi iworker,

Thanks for your reply.

What is the difference between issuing and assigning a CoS? Are these before the actual in-person appointment day at Home Office? The thing is that I do not want to apply and lose the in-person application fee if there is something wrong with the CoS (specially RLMT).

The job is Electronic Engineer; code 2124.

Thanks.

mansourr61
Newly Registered

Post by mansourr61 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am

any other thoughts?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:49 pm

once the rlmt is done and the employer thinks he cant find a EU person, they request for allocation of cos. ukvi assess it and grants an allocation. The employer then assigns the cos to an individual by putting all his personal details, which in turns generates a number. This number is called COS and is used in the applicaiton form submitted by people like u..

mansourr61
Newly Registered

How to see expired adverts on Universal Jobmatch website?

Post by mansourr61 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi

A job for which I have received an offer had to be re-advertised for another 14 days to meet RLMT. The first advert appeared on Universal Jobmatch website and now has expired.

Is there a way to access the expired ads on this website?

Many thanks

Mansour

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to see expired adverts on Universal Jobmatch website

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:35 pm

It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question regarding the same application.

See Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: How to see expired adverts on Universal Jobmatch website

Post by hassanh » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:53 pm

they can apply afterwards as well.. u will need to have maintenance if they apply afterwards
Not identifying mistake but just for clarification that is the rule not changed that if main applicant is not required to show maintenance, then dependants are also not required to show proof of maintenance even if they are applying separately?

Thanks,
Hassan