ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claim to British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pokemon
Newly Registered

Claim to British citizenship

Post by pokemon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi
I got my ILR in 2003 not November .in 2006 had my daughter.
I applied for her passport two weeks ago .I used my biometric card which i got on 10\04\2016 as evidence of ID
I got a letter saying that she can not apply for citizenship as I only just got my ILR which is not right .they have used the date on my biometric as my date of ILR .I called and explained the error they have made but they asked me provide evidence .when I applied for my travel doc I had to send in my original letter which they didn't return.since its replaced by brp .
I told them I have a copy of the indefinite letter but they said they want original
I have another daughter who DOB is 2004 but she has a passport as I used my letter then
What path I'm I to take now ... confused

noajthan

Re: Claim to British citizenship

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:44 pm

pokemon wrote:Hi
I got my ILR in 2003 not November .in 2006 had my daughter.
I applied for her passport two weeks ago .I used my biometric card which i got on 10\04\2016 as evidence of ID
I got a letter saying that she can not apply for citizenship as I only just got my ILR which is not right .they have used the date on my biometric as my date of ILR .I called and explained the error they have made but they asked me provide evidence .when I applied for my travel doc I had to send in my original letter which they didn't return.since its replaced by brp .
I told them I have a copy of the indefinite letter but they said they want original
I have another daughter who DOB is 2004 but she has a passport as I used my letter then
What path I'm I to take now ... confused
Request a SAR from UKVI which may well record original date of ILR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Claim to British citizenship

Post by Richard W » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:59 pm

A long shot - does the OP have a passport or travel document with the ILR stamp (or rather, sticker or vignette) in? That should be acceptable.