ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER2 G Extension new employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahzaam
Pakistan

TIER2 G Extension new employer

Post by shahzaam » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:13 am

Dear members and admin,
Could I please request to share/advise on some queries in relation to TIER2 G extension with new employer.

Currently I’ve leave to remain until 24/08/16 with my current employer (A). I’ve received a potential offer with new employer (B) which they will be willing to issue me a COS.

I’m planning to start my TIER2 G extension application and wish to attend premium service week commencing 8th -12th August 16. Hopefully, I’ll get response on the same day, then I’ll give my notice (4 weeks) to current employer (A). let’s say 15/08/16 to 16/09/16.

I can request to put an anticipated start date on COS 26/09/16 with new employer.

Will there be any problem for employer A if they will continue employee me beyond 24/08/16, they might say that you are not on our sponsored visa, its illegal of us to continue employee you?

What will be my ideal response to them?

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: TIER2 G Extension new employer

Post by hassanh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:44 am

Will there be any problem for employer A if they will continue employee me beyond 24/08/16, they might say that you are not on our sponsored visa
According to my knowledge, you will not be able to work for sponsor A beyond 24/08 if you are changing sponsor. I would suggest you to wait for Gurus' advice.

Thanks,

shahzaam
Pakistan

Post by shahzaam » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanks Hassan,

As per my understanding, an immigrant will have a 60 days windows in which he’s entitled to look for work/ or complete a notice period with a previous employer.

And if my new employer (B) can update their SMS that I’m completing my notice period with a previous employer.

Does this not work for both of us employer (A) and myself? We both need to be compliant under the immigration law.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:21 pm

As per my understanding, an immigrant will have a 60 days windows in which he’s entitled to look for work/ or complete a notice period with a previous employer.
The above works when you have valid leave to remain under your previous BRP to cover the complete notice period.

I would not advise you to work for employer A beyond the visa expiry date of your current visa, if you are changing sponsor. Its better to be safe then sorry.

Why not you work for your previous employer till 24/08 and compensate for the remaining days for notice period by paying through your salary? I know you will loose some money in this case but at least it is a safer option.

Thanks,
Hassan

shahzaam
Pakistan

Post by shahzaam » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks Hassan,

Anyone with same experience please?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:48 am

shahzaam wrote:Dear members and admin,
Could I please request to share/advise on some queries in relation to TIER2 G extension with new employer.

Currently I’ve leave to remain until 24/08/16 with my current employer (A). I’ve received a potential offer with new employer (B) which they will be willing to issue me a COS.

I’m planning to start my TIER2 G extension application and wish to attend premium service week commencing 8th -12th August 16. Hopefully, I’ll get response on the same day, then I’ll give my notice (4 weeks) to current employer (A). let’s say 15/08/16 to 16/09/16.

I can request to put an anticipated start date on COS 26/09/16 with new employer.

Will there be any problem for employer A if they will continue employee me beyond 24/08/16, they might say that you are not on our sponsored visa, its illegal of us to continue employee you?

What will be my ideal response to them?

My advice will be that you negotiate an early release from your current employer. Notice periods are usually negotiate especially if your role can easily be filled internally until a replacement is sourced or maybe the company doesn't have to find a replacement.. To the best of my knowledge, you can not work for your current employer beyond 24/08/2016. if you are going for priority service appointment, you will probably get a response immediately. so you can negotiate an early release from your current company and then join the new company ASAP.

shahzaam
Pakistan

COS Date with new employer extension

Post by shahzaam » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:10 am

Dear gurus and fellows,

My current leave under TIER 2 G will be expiring on 24/08/16. I’m intending to extend through a different employer.

What date should they be putting on COS either 25/08/16 or as per contract I;e 05/09/16?

Will there be any issue of 10 days gap?

If I get my TIER 2 G extension granted before the current expiry date, should I not be able to work after that day with existing employer?

Please share your experience and help.

shaiderrn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by shaiderrn » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Lucky you that you have 2 options available, i am still struggling to find Employer B, i think you can go ahead with employer B and after your COS is issued you can give 2 weeks notice to your Employer A or wait until you get the visa from Employer B.