ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport check&send

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stoofie
Newly Registered

Passport check&send

Post by stoofie » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi all,

When using check&send for my naturalisation application, the benefit was that I got to keep my passport. Is this the case for British passport applications using check & send? Either through the council or post office. I know it is required in general (just like naturalisation) but I can't find anything that address this specifically.

Thanks

longhorn

Re: Passport check&send

Post by longhorn » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:04 pm

When using check&send for my naturalisation application, the benefit was that I got to keep my passport.
Is this NCS (Naturalisation Checking Service) you are talking about ? I think the term Check&Send is only applicable to the passport service and the term for Naturalisation is NCS.
Is this the case for British passport applications using check & send? Either through the council or post office. I know it is required in general (just like naturalisation) but I can't find anything that address this specifically.
Thanks
Lets wait for others to confirm this but I believe that you can not keep your uncancelled passports. You ll need to send your original Certificate of Naturalisation as well. I believe you have already returned your BRP within 5 days of attending the ceremony so keeping the foreign passport while your British Passport application is being considered is perhaps not very useful for you anyway ?

stoofie
Newly Registered

Post by stoofie » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:26 pm

longhorn wrote:Is this NCS (Naturalisation Checking Service) you are talking about ? I think the term Check&Send is only applicable to the passport service and the term for Naturalisation is NCS.
You are right, I'm confusing the terms. I thought there was a service from the council to but I'm probably conflating the two things in my head
longhorn wrote:I believe you have already returned your BRP within 5 days of attending the ceremony so keeping the foreign passport while your British Passport application is being considered is perhaps not very useful for you anyway ?
Correct. Let's assume, for the sake of the argument, that my foreign passport has visa-free entry to the UK. :wink:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:39 pm

stoofie wrote:Hi all,

When using check&send for my naturalisation application, the benefit was that I got to keep my passport. Is this the case for British passport applications using check & send? Either through the council or post office. I know it is required in general (just like naturalisation) but I can't find anything that address this specifically.

Thanks
No, passports are still submitted via the PO C&S service.

The value add with C&S is a basic level of sanity-checking plus secure despatch to HMPO included in the fee.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:42 am

I decided not to use check & send for my first British passport application. For naturalised citizens it is pretty simple as you only need to send the certificate of naturalisation along with your other current passports and the photos. I don't really see how you can mess it up especially if you apply online.

Also I was able to get my naturalisation certificate to HMPO and back again without it being folded! I'd like to see the post office do that :wink: