ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(m) visa for a dependent of ILR whose British passport...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itsmylife

FLR(m) visa for a dependent of ILR whose British passport...

Post by itsmylife » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Hello All,

I have attended the Citizenship oath ceremony last week and applied for a British passport 2 days back.

My wife who is currently on a FLR(m) visa is due for her visa renewal in couple of weeks time.Can someone please help me with the below questions

1)As I have got my citizenship certificate, am I considered as a British citizen(even without a British passport)
2)As My British passport application is in process, I will not be able to send my passport along with my wife's application.So, what should I be sending?

Has anyone ever been in this scenario and applied for a FLR(m) visa earlier?

Thanks,
BD

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(m) visa for a dependent of ILR whose British passpor

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:19 pm

1)As I have got my citizenship certificate, am I considered as a British citizen(even without a British passport)
Yes. Your certificate confers citizenship. A passport is travel document.
2)As My British passport application is in process, I will not be able to send my passport along with my wife's application.So, what should I be sending?
Are you applying by post or in person?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Are you applying by post or in person?
Thanks. Applying by post

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:38 pm

Did you keep a copy of your naturalisation certificate?

What date does the current visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:46 pm

CR001 wrote:Did you keep a copy of your naturalisation certificate?

What date does the current visa expire?
The current Flr(m) visa expires in the first week of Aug 2016.I just took a photo of the citizenship certificate on my mobile.Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:15 pm

itsmylife wrote:The current Flr(m) visa expires in the first week of Aug 2016.I just took a photo of the citizenship certificate on my mobile.Thanks
Photo on your mobile won't be good enough. You need a proper photocopy, which would have been accepted for her extension application.

When were you planning on posting her application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
itsmylife wrote:The current Flr(m) visa expires in the first week of Aug 2016.I just took a photo of the citizenship certificate on my mobile.Thanks
Photo on your mobile won't be good enough. You need a proper photocopy, which would have been accepted for her extension application.

When were you planning on posting her application?
Ohh, planing in couple of weeks time

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:25 pm

I think I can wait until I get my documents posted back, which usually is about 2 weeks time.But, can I apply for FLR(m) with just citizenship certificate and no British passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:05 pm

can I apply for FLR(m) with just citizenship certificate and no British passport?
YES!
CR001 wrote:
My response was quite clear.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:18 am

CR001 wrote:
can I apply for FLR(m) with just citizenship certificate and no British passport?
YES!
CR001 wrote:
My response was quite clear.

itsmylife

Please advice: FLR(M) Extension- wife on maternity leave

Post by itsmylife » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:56 am

Hi All,

My wife visa coming up for renewal in August following two and half years of entry Clarance as spouse of UK settled person. She is relying just on her salary to prove the financial requirement.

However she is on a maternity leave from Dec 2015 till date.But she has been receiving full salary until last month(june 2016) and in July it was just statutory pay.

Can someone please help me with the correct Category to select...We are a bit confused.Not sure if the salary until june is considered as maternity pay or not

Just to mention, my last 12 months salary intotal(including july just smp) is more than required amount

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please advice: FLR(M) Extension- wife on maternity leave

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:04 am

Assuming your are her ILR/BC spouse, are you not working?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:07 am

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:15 am

vinny wrote:M.
Thanks vinny, should have checked. It does get annoying having to repeat ourselves :?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:23 am

itsmylife wrote:She is relying just on her salary to prove the financial requirement.
Just to mention, my last 12 months salary intotal(including july just smp) is more than required amount
Why isn't she using your salary?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

itsmylife

FLR(M) Extension- on maternity leave

Post by itsmylife » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:24 am

Hello All,

My wife visa coming up for renewal in August following two and half years of entry Clarance as spouse of UK settled person. We are just using her employment salary to meet the financial requirements.

However she is on a maternity leave since Dec 2015 till date, but she has been receiving full salary until last month (June) and just statutory pay this month(july).

She is still meeting the financial requirement if all the salary added.

We are a bit confused as to what category she need to select in the FLRM application form under financial requirement.

Can someone please advice.

Thanks in advance

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:41 am

vinny wrote:
itsmylife wrote:She is relying just on her salary to prove the financial requirement.
Why isn't she using your salary?
Thanks for the comment.As the salary she got during her maternity leave is more than required, didnt see any reason to include my salary.Also I recently switched from permanent role to a contract.Dont want to complicate things if she has enough salary to prove the requirement.Thanks

itsmylife

Re: FLR(M) Extension- on maternity leave

Post by itsmylife » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:44 am

Just to mention, my last 12 months salary intotal(including july just smp) is more than required amount//

Sorry please read it as HER last 12 months salary.Appologies

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:15 pm

can anyone help please?

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
vinny wrote:M.
Thanks vinny, should have checked. It does get annoying having to repeat ourselves :?
:wink:

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:49 pm

If your wife is relying on her salary she will need the payslips/bank statements for the 6/12 months before maternity leave. Her employer will need to confirm she is currently on mat leave in the employment letter.

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:25 pm

SoHopeful wrote:If your wife is relying on her salary she will need the payslips/bank statements for the 6/12 months before maternity leave. Her employer will need to confirm she is currently on mat leave in the employment letter.
Thanks So Helpful.
Got all those required documents. Question is what category she need to select in the FLRM application form under financial requirement as she is on Maternity leave but still qualifies the 6months financial requirement.Thanks