ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Short Term. Remain in UK after resignation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nsubash17
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Short Term. Remain in UK after resignation

Post by nsubash17 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi All,
Could you please help me on the below query?
I have a Tier 2 ICT short term visa expiring on Oct 29 2016 and am planning to resign my job by September 1st Week and same will be my last working day with my current employer.
So in that case, will I be able to stay in UK without working from September to October 29 2016 (my visa end date)?
Thank You.

vinny

Re: Tier 2 ICT Short Term. Remain in UK after resignation

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Yes, unless your leave is curtailed and effective before its expiry date.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Usually HO do not curtail your leave if you have less than 6 months left
Make sure HO has your latest contact details as leave curtailment intimations come by post
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

nsubash17
Newly Registered

Post by nsubash17 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Thank You Vinny and Popper. Is that anything my employer who provided ICT visa can curtail my stay and invalidate my visa after my last working day?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:26 pm

nsubash17 wrote:Thank You Vinny and Popper. Is that anything my employer who provided ICT visa can curtail my stay and invalidate my visa after my last working day?
Your employer cannot directly curtail your leave, however they are obliged to intimate HO that you have resigned. HO may or may not curtail your leave depending on circumstances
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.