ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cp01
Newly Registered

English language requirement

Post by cp01 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:04 pm

I had IELTS which was cleared in 2010 and I used for Tier1, Tier1 extension and ILR. Can I use the same IELTS certificate for english language requirement for British Naturalisation application?

as the IELTS is only valid for first 2 years so I am not sure, please confirm.

exmalaysian
Newly Registered

Re: English language requirement

Post by exmalaysian » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi.

Yes if it is a minimum B1 qualification.

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.
cp01 wrote:I had IELTS which was cleared in 2010 and I used for Tier1, Tier1 extension and ILR. Can I use the same IELTS certificate for english language requirement for British Naturalisation application?

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

as the IELTS is only valid for first 2 years so I am not sure, please confirm.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: English language requirement

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:35 pm

You can use the same, and select the option you have proved english language requirement after 29th October 2013.

Regards,
Suresh