ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign health policy CSI and PR/citizenship

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WalSag
Newly Registered

Foreign health policy CSI and PR/citizenship

Post by WalSag » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:26 pm

I am a worker, but got CSI (bought in my country of origin) last year. It covers me for healthcare in the UK (I only use it when I see my NHS dentist, I get a small refund of about 9 euros) and everywhere else in the world: I do have to pay the bills first, then ask for a refund.
However the main reason I bought it is that I wanted to have medical care (especially end of life care) in my country of origin if I became very ill. In that scenario, it pays for 100% of the expenses (the NHS won't have to fork out anything), as long as my contributions are not outstanding, and the hospital/hospice will send the bill directly to the CSI provider.
Does the existence of that policy, and the fact that I intend to try and die abroad (obviously I could die in a car accident, or have a fatal stroke or heart attack), have any impact on a PR/citizenship application?

noajthan

Re: Foreign health policy CSI and PR/citizenship

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:55 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Reimbursement type policies don't qualify as CSI (as per my understanding). So no brownie points for having that policy.
Anyway workers do not need CSI as they are economically active tax payers.

WalSag
Newly Registered

Post by WalSag » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Cheers. I was more worried that planning to die overseas showed a lack of commitment to living in this country! This way hopefully I won't be a burden on the NHS, even if I die after 'a long disease'.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

WalSag wrote:Cheers. I was more worried that planning to die overseas showed a lack of commitment to living in this country! This way hopefully I won't be a burden on the NHS, even if I die after 'a long disease'.
HO tends to use past behaviour as a guide to future plans or intentions. And HO do not ask about applicant's last wishes.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:57 am

One of the legal requirement for British citizenship is that the applicant should Intend to continue to live in the UK, no declaration is needed as to where s/he intends to die.