ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it ok to get the job offer from current employer?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

try-one
Member of Standing

Is it ok to get the job offer from current employer?

Post by try-one » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:20 pm

Can I present a "Job Offer" from my current employer????
I know that HO would think it is better to continue with the WP but I prefer the flexibility of the HSMP, would it be accepted?
Thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Is it ok to get the job offer from current employer?

Post by MWazir » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:30 pm

try-one wrote:Can I present a "Job Offer" from my current employer????
I know that HO would think it is better to continue with the WP but I prefer the flexibility of the HSMP, would it be accepted?
Thanks

Thats very interesting. How is the job offer going to be presented? Would your current employer reaffirm your employment in the fax to the HO? Or would it be a new offer letter with the latest date? The second option would constitute misrepresentation of facts in my opinion.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:40 pm

The last thing one wants is to misrepresent anything..........
I just phoned the HSMP help line and they said that no, current employer offers won't be considered to speed up the application.....

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:47 pm

I just phoned the HSMP help line and they said that no, current employer offers won't be considered to speed up the application.....
Oh well, worth an ask though ;) I would have gotten a letter out of my employer in a jiffy if they would accept it :)

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:56 pm

putting aside the misrepresentation issue aside, just one question why would an employer who already holds your WP want to help you to be flexible, i mean you could then leave them straight after you get the permit

AlexCh

Re: Is it ok to get the job offer from current employer?

Post by AlexCh » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:20 pm

try-one wrote:Can I present a "Job Offer" from my current employer????
Thanks
Problem is that you did not clarify what exactly you wanted to achieve. When you ask a question, you need to be a little bit more clear.

Was it about speeding up your HSMP processing or what?

Regarding the current employer and HSMP - I do not see any problems - if you have good relations with your employer, it's quite possible that they will support your HSMP application.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:04 am

i still maintain that it might not be in the employers best interest for him to help you switch to HSMP. cause the moment you get approval then you are free to hop from company to company. the only flexibility here is only for the applicant and you are asking the employer to do something which is potentially 'illegal' and might mean him not being able to apply for WPs in the future

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:29 am

f2k wrote:putting aside the misrepresentation issue aside, just one question why would an employer who already holds your WP want to help you to be flexible, i mean you could then leave them straight after you get the permit
I been working on a work permit for nearly 2 and a half years and I have a good working relationship with my employers and all the senior managers in my company. The company I work for is undergoing a corporate acquisition which means there is no real gaurentee which employee will be retained. It all depends on what the new owners want. Its my line manager who suggested that I do this while the company sorts itself out and I have my backside covered in the event of the worst case scenario of redundencies.

Unfortunatly they could play no further part as its an application made in individual capacity. If something like this is permessible, they would be more than willing to do it.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:55 pm

i dont disagree with the fact that they can help you apply (by giving you a reference and supporting your income claims), but in as far as giving you a 'false alibi' i would be surprised about that.
in anycase how is one going to deal with the situation where all your work experience documents, payslips, P60s etc are from the same employer who is "offering" you a job

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:04 pm

f2k wrote:i dont disagree with the fact that they can help you apply (by giving you a reference and supporting your income claims), but in as far as giving you a 'false alibi' i would be surprised about that.
in anycase how is one going to deal with the situation where all your work experience documents, payslips, P60s etc are from the same employer who is "offering" you a job
You misunderstand what I am saying. I have been the first to agree on this thread that it would constitute misrepresentation. You said why would any employer help you to be flexible because it can be counter productive for them.
just one question why would an employer who already holds your WP want to help you to be flexible, i mean you could then leave them straight after you get the permit
All I am saying is my employers would help in any capacity if they only could. Unfortunatly no help they provide can speed up the processing of my application.

I trust this clears the issue.