ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP issued befor new retun rule

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajid1973
Newly Registered

BRP issued befor new retun rule

Post by sajid1973 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:26 pm

I am british citizen but never made a british passport. I got brtish citizenship in 2014 and had a valid brp card which was issued to me in 2012 when i been given indefinite leave to remain in uk.

I am in pakistan for last 2 week and planing to  back in next 10 days with my 3 kids (kids have british passports)

I was snooping around on the 'net recently and see that there's now a requirement that newly naturalised Brits have to surrender their BRP to the Home Office within 5 days of their citizenship ceremony or face a £1k fine. 

And also not able to travel on BRP.

I was just wondering if this new condition would be retroactive or not?

Kindly can you let me know what can i do now. is this rule applicable to me as well?

How i can get back to uk?

I have valid pakistani passport and all other douments including BRP and british citizenship papers to prove my british citizenship.

vinny

Re: BRP issued befor new retun rule

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:52 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sanjaywakhare

Re: BRP issued befor new retun rule

Post by sanjaywakhare » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:24 am

People faced similar issue and have posted here on forum. As from the posts it will be a quick one at the immigration counter in UK if you have your naturalization certificate with you. Event if you don't have you will have to wait until the officer verifies your citizenship.

So should not be a problem. Have a photocopy of naturalization certificate if not original.