ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the chances of the HO to lose my docs?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cindy88

What are the chances of the HO to lose my docs?

Post by cindy88 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a simple question: what if the HO lost some of our documents while processing a PR application?
Since we are required to submit originals I was wondering whether anyone has got all their docs back or some have gone missing...
Documents such as payslips would be hard to reissue once they are lost, especially if they come from previous jobs...

And then, do we need to provide a prepaid envelope in order to have all our docs back?

How long does it take to have them back (on average) ?

Tank you for your time and help.

Yours faithfully
C.

salmintin

Re: What are the chances of the HO to lose my docs?

Post by salmintin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:37 pm

cindy88 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have a simple question: what if the HO lost some of our documents while processing a PR application?
Since we are required to submit originals I was wondering whether anyone has got all their docs back or some have gone missing...
Documents such as payslips would be hard to reissue once they are lost, especially if they come from previous jobs...

And then, do we need to provide a prepaid envelope in order to have all our docs back?

How long does it take to have them back (on average) ?

Tank you for your time and help.

Yours faithfully
C.
Random order...

You don't need a prepaid envelope.

EEA nationals get an answer after ~3 months of applying, though there are cases when it takes longer (this is the 140th day for me) or maybe shorter if you are lucky or if your case is very straightforward. Non-EEA nationals typically get an answer after 5-6 months.

It's probably best practice to make copies of the documents you send. Typically they don't lose the documents, however there was a case on this forum of a person that had their documents returned to their previous address. They managed to get them back in the end. And in my situation for example they still haven't returned a document I requested more than 3 months ago and I have no idea if they lost it or if there is a genuine reason for not returning it.