ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you need to provide payslips with form AN if applying as

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hoping111

Do you need to provide payslips with form AN if applying as

Post by hoping111 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Hello all

Just a bit worried we may have missed sending some papers with form AN.

I was just looking at page 8 on the Guide details

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2016.pdf

1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date.

My wife applied for UK CITIZENSHIP applying under Spouse category - eligibility criteria: spouse of BC using form AN but Im worried as she didnt send any payslips or confirmation of her employment OR National Insurance contributions OR p60's or a letter of employment, she has been employed for most of the time she has been in the UK. She is married to me a UK citizen and has had ILR for over 1 year now. She originally had a fiancee visa, theN FL, then ILR....Obviously she is not from a country which is part of the EU.

If she was suppose to send pay slips what will happen will they reject the application and send it all back to us and charge us for it or what will happen and what should we do

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do you need to provide payslips with form AN if applying

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:56 pm

When did she submit her application?

Did she post it herself or apply through NCS?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:22 pm

She sent it before 20th July 2016 and she did not use the Checking Service.

Does a Spouse of a British Citizen who is applying for UK CITIZENSHIP under Spouse category have to supply payslips or confirmation of her employment OR National Insurance contributions OR p60's or a letter of employment?

She is not from a Country which is part of the EU. Originally she applied for a Fiance Visa then FLR then ILR and now is applying for UK Citizenship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:30 pm

She needs to submit what the form and guidance notes asks for. All applicants need to provide the employment information if they have been employed. She should have applied via NCS, they would have picked up on this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:38 pm

CR001 wrote:She needs to submit what the form and guidance notes asks for. All applicants need to provide the employment information if they have been employed. She should have applied via NCS, they would have picked up on this.
Are you 100% certain she should have provided employment documents? She wrote on the form AN all of her Employment information.

I noticed you responded to someone who asked a similar question here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 58105.html

We checked what the NCS wanted to be brought and theres no mention of Employment documents for someone applying for UK Citizenship as a spouse of a BC to bring employment documents

https://www.brent.gov.uk/your-community ... -to-bring/

I also called the UKVI and they said as she is applying for UK Citizenship as a Spouse of a UK Citizen she is not required to supply employment documents, just to complete the section on form AN which asks her to imput her employment details.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:40 pm

The advice link you posted is from 2014, the requirements have changed a lot since then.

NCS are a third party agent. You should follow HO guidance and form. The requirement to provide proof of NI contribution etc is a recent addition to what HO wants to see.

If they require information from you, HO will probably write to you/wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:42 pm

CR001 wrote:The advice link you posted is from 2014, the requirements have changed a lot since then.

NCS are a third party agent. You should follow HO guidance and form. The requirement to provide proof of NI contribution etc is a recent addition to what HO wants to see.

If they require information from you, HO will probably write to you/wife.
Thanks, so they wont reject the application on the basis there was no payslips or proof of employment will they? Would they just write to her asking her to provide more documents? So worried they would reject it and she would have to apply all over again because she didnt supply proof of employment....

Do you think we should send them those employment documents now?

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:11 pm

Im not sure if we should just send those employment documents or not.

hoping111

Forgot to make ticks on form AN. Worried.

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:14 am

I noticed on FOrm AN at the bottom it says

"tick to indicate the type of evidence you have enclosed"

We forgot to put the ticks, even though we supplied documents, do you think this will make any difference to the application? Will the application for UK Citizenship be rejected on that basis? Or will our documents get lost because of this?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:37 am

hoping111 wrote:Thanks, so they wont reject the application on the basis there was no payslips or proof of employment will they? Would they just write to her asking her to provide more documents? So worried they would reject it and she would have to apply all over again because she didnt supply proof of employment....

The guidance dates from this June; unfortunate that you did not crosscheck before applying (or use NCS).

As its a new requirement noone has really seen or reported yet on what happens when the information is missing.
Stand by.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

hoping111

Forgot to make ticks on form AN. Worried.

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:18 am

I noticed on FOrm AN at the bottom it says

"tick to indicate the type of evidence you have enclosed"

We forgot to put ticks next to the documents that we sent alongside FORM AN, even though we supplied documents, do you think this will make any difference to the application? Will the application for UK Citizenship be rejected on that basis? Or will our documents get lost because of this?

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:23 am

noajthan wrote:
hoping111 wrote:Thanks, so they wont reject the application on the basis there was no payslips or proof of employment will they? Would they just write to her asking her to provide more documents? So worried they would reject it and she would have to apply all over again because she didnt supply proof of employment....

The guidance dates from this June; unfortunate that you did not crosscheck before applying (or use NCS).

As its a new requirement noone has really seen or reported yet on what happens when the information is missing.
Stand by.
So its a new requirement that ALL applicants, even those who are married to UK Citizens have to now (since June 2016) submit employment evidence?
Yeah just we submitted the form just after the guidance notes changed, we read the guidance notes just before the changes were made and then submitted the application form after the new rules for submitted employment evidence was added to the guidance notes.

We did double check the FORM AN before sending it again and there were no changes to that and it did not stipulate at the bottom to enclose employment evidence on that even in July, but sadly we didnt double check the GUIDANCE notes.

DO you think they will reject the application and we will have lost our money? :(

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:35 am

You certainly don't need to submit payslips for citizenship. by noajthan on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:23 pm
noajthan I noticed you said on this thread the above on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:23 pm which was after the changes to the guidance on 14 June 2016 10:38am Updated AN booklet and guide.

Are you sure noajthan that a spouse of a UK Citizen whos applying for UK Citizenship has to supply employment evidence?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:14 am

Hopefully, if any documents were missing and needed, then they will ask you to submit them.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:36 pm

WHen and what date did the rules change that even a spouse of a BC who has been through FLR/ILR has to provide employment evidence?

Hola2015

Post by Hola2015 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello Hoping111;

I can understand your frustration/confusion moreso if you have the required information on hand. Just as you have been told, it is a matter of wait and see; if HO needs further documentation from your wife, they will write to her to provide those documents within a stipulated time. I am sure that no one on the forum that tell you exactly how the HO works or how your wife's application will be treated.

Please relax, you may be surprised that your wife's application is approved provided she met other conditions, it all depend on the case worker handling her application.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi,

I am in the same boat. Applied for my wife citizenship on 17 June and didn't send any evidence related to employment.Home office received application on 21 June. She got all her pay slips, p60s and hmrc employment history. Notice this change at the end of June. Now just waiting and hoping that they will send a letter for this.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Hola2015 wrote:Hello Hoping111;

I can understand your frustration/confusion moreso if you have the required information on hand. Just as you have been told, it is a matter of wait and see; if HO needs further documentation from your wife, they will write to her to provide those documents within a stipulated time. I am sure that no one on the forum that tell you exactly how the HO works or how your wife's application will be treated.

Please relax, you may be surprised that your wife's application is approved provided she met other conditions, it all depend on the case worker handling her application.
HI Hola, thank you for your reply.

Hola so I dont need to worry about them rejecting the application if my wife was suppose to supply employment documents then? If she was suppose supply employment documents would they just write to her to provide those documents within a stipulated time? They wouldnt send the whole application back to us and we would have to start over again would they? :(

I called the UKVI yesterday and I asked them does my wife have to send her employment documents and they said it depends on what basis she is applying, if she is applying as a Spouse of a UK citizen and went though ILR then no she does not need to send her employment details. So confusing.

It sounds like on the acknowledgement letter they send you around the time they withdraw the money the letter states every document you have sent them with your form AN, is this correct?

It sounds like once they acknowledge the application it then takes them sometime to actually look at the applicaion. Not sure though.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:22 pm

sshah20 wrote:Hi,

I am in the same boat. Applied for my wife citizenship on 17 June and didn't send any evidence related to employment.Home office received application on 21 June. She got all her pay slips, p60s and hmrc employment history. Notice this change at the end of June. Now just waiting and hoping that they will send a letter for this.
sshah20 so you are a UK Citizen and your wifes applying for UK citizenship and she had to go though a spouse visa/ILR.

sshah20 when was the payment taken from you and when did you recieve an akloegement letter?

14 June 2016 10:38am Updated AN booklet and guide (apparently this was added to the form PAGE 8

1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made
for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this
claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a
letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start
and finish date.

Although I actually doubt it was added to be honest, unless someone has a copy of the guidance notes before June 2016 theres no way of checking. Even if it wasnt added and it was there before June 14th 2016 I think it reads like EVERYONE is suppose to supply employment details. But everyone I have spoken to have said they didnt supply employment evidence who are married to a BC.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:48 pm

hoping111 wrote:14 June 2016 10:38am Updated AN booklet and guide (apparently this was added to the form PAGE 8

1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made
for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this
claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a
letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start
and finish date.

Although I actually doubt it was added to be honest, unless someone has a copy of the guidance notes before June 2016 theres no way of checking. Even if it wasnt added and it was there before June 14th 2016 I think it reads like EVERYONE is suppose to supply employment details. But everyone I have spoken to have said they didnt supply employment evidence who are married to a BC.
At least on the point/doubt about whether point 1.48-1.50 was added or not, I can confirm that it wasn't there in the previous version of the form. It's definitely a change. Having read the guidance and form I didn't personally see anything to suggest that those applying as a spouse of a British citizen were exempt from supplying that evidence. The way I read it, anyone who has been employed would need to do so.

Having said that, I'd agree with everyone that the best thing would be to watch this space and see what others in a similar situation experience. I would hope the HO would come back to the applicants if they require missing evidence, specially given that this was a recent change to the guidance.

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:08 pm

cs95tdg I guess you had a copy of the FOrm AN Guidance which was before June 2016 is that right?

Yeahh so frustrating as we read the guidance before the change, then put together the application/referees and by the time we posted it the change had taken place. We should have checked the day we sent it off if the Guidance had changed but we didnt, we checked to make sure form AN was still the same and it was but didnt check the guidance. :(

Hope someone else has or is in the same situation and we can find out what UKVI are doing with others in this situation?

Do you know of anyone else who maybe has forgotten to include an important document such as a Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate when applying for UK Citizenship and what UKVI did? ie did they write to them and ask them to supply the important document. I dont mean additional documents but important documents that are listed on the form to send.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:12 pm

hoping111 wrote:noajthan I noticed you said on this thread the above on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:23 pm which was after the changes to the guidance on 14 June 2016 10:38am Updated AN booklet and guide.

Are you sure noajthan that a spouse of a UK Citizen whos applying for UK Citizenship has to supply employment evidence?
Yes, evidence as per updated guidance; I was wrong at that time as I hadn't come across the change buried in the guidance.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:16 pm

hoping111 wrote:Although I actually doubt it was added to be honest, unless someone has a copy of the guidance notes before June 2016 theres no way of checking. Even if it wasnt added and it was there before June 14th 2016 I think it reads like EVERYONE is suppose to supply employment details. But everyone I have spoken to have said they didnt supply employment evidence who are married to a BC.
It is a change and an addition.

The requirement wasn't there (in the form/guidance) last year when my wife went through this process.
As you might imagine I checked everything with a fine toothcomb, 3 times over;
(after having been caught out by a form and guidance change on another, previous application).

hoping111

Post by hoping111 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:24 pm

noajthan what were you caught out on before? and what happened?

I wish they had added this change to the required documents listed on form AN too, as we checked to make sure form AN hadnt changed the day we posted it but not the guidance.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:37 pm

hoping111 wrote:noajthan what were you caught out on before? and what happened?

I wish they had added this change to the required documents listed on form AN too, as we checked to make sure form AN hadnt changed the day we posted it but not the guidance.
Unknown to me the ILR form had changed over an Easter weekend.
I had filled in the form before Easter bank holidays and posted it on first working day after the bank holiday.
Then later that day noticed that a new form had come out.

Rushed back to PO, persuaded PO manager to open the mail bag (she took some persuading) but in the end she let me change the form over.
She would not let go of the package though; she held onto it - just let me replace the old form with new form and reseal the package.

ILR was approved.
How we laugh about it all now.