ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

South African partner refused unmarried partner visa-next?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kirantara
Newly Registered

South African partner refused unmarried partner visa-next?

Post by kirantara » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:08 pm

Hello all,

I am quite desperate for advice. My boyfriend has been denied an unmarried partner visa for the UK, on the grounds that we haven't lived together for two years, and that I am receiving housing benefit. We have been together over two years, and I am only in receipt of benefit since he had to go home two months ago. I do not need it when he can live and work here, as we have done up to now.

My questions are:
1) He has appealed it but is there any point?
2) We'd hoped he'd be here for Christmas and now that is out the window since they've warned him he may be refused entry. Is his ability to enter as a visitor (up to 6 months) now forfeit? Is there any way he can co-operate so that he does only stay for that time, ie register with the police. I am apalled that I may not be able to see my boyfriend again until we surrender to marriage.
3) That leads me to my third-I have done my research-can it really be possible that he'd be allowed in as my spouse even if we'd not lived together a day? What hypocrisy. I am totally against being forced into marriage just so I may live with my partner. What a recipe for divorce.

I received the news that he'd been refused his visa today, so forgive me, it's been the worst day of my life. :cry: Any words of encouragement or advice are much appreciated.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:58 pm

First of all, have you lived together for two years, and do you have the evidence to prove it?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

kirantara
Newly Registered

Post by kirantara » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:27 pm

Hello Victoria.

Thanks for your reply. No, we haven't lived together for two years. I did come across that as a requirement, except on the actual form he applied on-the VAF5 I believe. We had mounds of evidence of our two year relationship, but no good. What's worse is that the visa he was here on was only for two years...so that was always going to be an impossibility..quite a conundrum. I know what you will say and the Visa official told him the same-get married.

Thanks anyway!
Kirantara

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:44 pm

I am not someone who will say 'get married' if you don't want to, but that may well be the only way.

There is no way of winning this appeal, so you should withdraw immediately, so as to not waste the courts time.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!