ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation Prove for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Accommodation Prove for Spouse Visa

Post by samira_uk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi,

Is a hotel reservation (for about 30 days) acceptable to meet the accommodation requirement of the visa?

The sponsor and the application are both living abroad and they use the cash saving to meet the financial requirements. They are struggling to find a more permanent place and are thinking of booking a hotel for a month and declare that they are going to look for a suitable place.

As I checked the rules this arrangement seems not acceptable. I just want to make sure about it.

Thanks in advance.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Re: Accommodation Prove for Spouse Visa

Post by i.need.help » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:20 pm

There is no way to bypass or change the rules. If something is not acceptable, then there's no point in even trying to make it acceptable.

You can't show hotel bookings for accommodation
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:11 pm

Unfortunately I don't think that will be acceptable either.
Are there any relatives or friends who could allow you to stay with them (even if it's just for the purpose of the visa and you do actually stay in a hotel) and can provide the relevant documents to support your application?

If not, you may need to come to the UK first to arrange accommodation.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:52 am

settlement visa mean you have intention to live permanently in the uk and has arranged suitable accommodation at the time of making application. You need to have at least 6 months tenancy agreemnet known as Assured Shorthold Tenancy ..ECO are not flexible and dont believe in future promises

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:54 am

A 30 days hotel reservation may be insufficient to satisfy the adequate accommodation requirements for a spouse visa.
Chapter 8: Family members, transitional arrangements, section 1, annex F, family members, maintenance and accommodation wrote:Where the accommodation is not ‘owned’ by the sponsor (in the sense that they are not the head of the household but, for example, are living with their parents or are living alongside other tenants in a house in multiple occupation), the Rules require there to be adequate accommodation which the sponsor and any partner and dependants will occupy for their exclusive use. This need not be a separate house or self-contained flat but, where it is as little as one bedroom of their own, enquiries should be made about the number of rooms in the property, the number of occupants and whether this is only intended to be a short-term arrangement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.