ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Self Employed to Company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shah23
Newly Registered

Switch from Self Employed to Company

Post by shah23 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:26 am

Hi friends,
Will it be a good idea to switch from self employed to Company just 2-3 months before ILR application? Will it affect my status in application for ILR? The earnings being as a self employed for the early period will still be considered as self employed?
Common perception is that self employed applicants for ILR are in trouble, they are questioned with more checks and cautions.
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch from Self Employed to Company

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:50 am

Assuming you are on Tier 1 G if you are self employed, ALL Tier 1 G applications are thoroughly checked and HO check back on your full history as Tier 1 G and income/taxes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shah23
Newly Registered

Post by shah23 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:35 pm

CR001 wrote:Assuming you are on Tier 1 G if you are self employed, ALL Tier 1 G applications are thoroughly checked and HO check back on your full history as Tier 1 G and income/taxes.
Yes I agree and am aware of it, my record with HMRC is up to date, just thought being a ltd company it might be a smooth process, as self employed are considered with more doubts.
Thanks for your feedback

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:43 pm

It makes no difference. The same checks apply to all Tier 1 G applicants regardless of the type of employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:51 pm

... and such a switch may trigger additional scrutiny.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.