ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statement of Additional Grounds

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NickTheKiwi

Statement of Additional Grounds

Post by NickTheKiwi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:29 am

I finally received the biometric enrolment letter on Friday. Along with the biometric letter there was a 'Statement of Additional Grounds' letter enclosed. Both my partner and I got this letter. I'm wondering if it is sent by default to everybody and do I need to tick the box to say I have no more reasons and send it back? Have others received this with their biometric letter and what have they done?

The wordings is:

"You or your representative should complete this form in English and return it as instructed when you were required to complete it."

That sentence makes no sense to me... I read it as "If you are required to complete this form then you will be instructed."

They haven't said anything about my application being possibly refused or that they need any more information from me.

NickTheKiwi

Re: Statement of Additional Grounds

Post by NickTheKiwi » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:39 pm

After a lot of searching and trying to find information, I've found that RED.0003 (s120 response) is just that, a response form for proving why you should stay in the UK. It is normally issued with other forms and letters like RED.0001 and RED.0002 and some other letter that gets sent to people that have had an application rejected, for example. Since I have not received anything to respond to, other than the biometric enrolment, I have decided not to respond. There has been no indication at all as to why I have been sent an s120 response, which just causes unnecessary stress and worry. Phone numbers provided point you through to recorded messages and getting to speak to anyone before 6 months is up seems impossible. I shall be glad when this process is over.

Noah88
Newly Registered

Post by Noah88 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi there I was just wondering how you got on with statement of additional grounds form? I've just completed 5 years on an ancestry visa and have applied for ILR and have received the same form with my biometrics and am unsure whether to send in or not, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks =)

poppiestar
Newly Registered

Post by poppiestar » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi Nick,

I've just had a Statement of Additional Grounds form arrive in the post with my biometric enrolment letter. Just wanted to ask, did you end up filling this form out? Was your application successful?

Thanks!

ikhan1980
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ikhan1980 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:52 am

hi

does anyone have any update on this? why is the home office sending section 120 notice with biometric letters?

what happened to your application guys ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:56 pm

ikhan1980 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:52 am
hi

does anyone have any update on this? why is the home office sending section 120 notice with biometric letters?

what happened to your application guys ?
Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances rather than tagging onto a topic from 2016!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.