ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce not mentioned - on previous application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anush23

Divorce not mentioned - on previous application

Post by anush23 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi,

I had recently invited my fiancee to visit the UK on a visitor visa. She was previously married and has now got her final divorce decree.

However at the time of the visitor visa application, she was separated from her ex husband but not divorced as the proceedings were in progress.

The visitor visa form only had a question asking for marital status and we wrote as fiance. The second question was sponsors relationship to her and this was again answered as fiance.

I am unsure if the status would have been married or fiance and if this would be any issue.

We are now getting married and I plan to apply for the spouse visa and provide her final divorce decree in the application. Will this cause any issue? Will they consider this as deception that I did not mention about her previous status ?

Thx in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Divorce not mentioned - on previous application

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:48 pm

Should not be an issue.

She can't marry if she is in the UK on a standard visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anush23

Re: Divorce not mentioned - on previous application

Post by anush23 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:18 pm

Thanks.

Yea true and we did not marry either as the divorce proceedings were ongoing.
Now that they have completed we want to marry and then apply for spouse visa.

Was just concerned if they say I should have declared her marital status on her visitor visa application and if I would be questioned regarding this in the spouse visa application.