ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super confused.. help! ceremony outside UK?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emaan1234
Newly Registered

Super confused.. help! ceremony outside UK?

Post by Emaan1234 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:31 am

Hello lovely and always super helpful people of the forum.

I am in a pickle and i need some help / advice from you guys.

i applied for naturalisation back in may (9th of may), HO messed up with taking the payment out (they are half asleep sometimes i tell you), and funnily enough if they made the mistake in taking the payment out the first time try again, I am sure they get three tries before blocking the payment :/ (i can go on about them forever).

The situation i am in right now is that my husband has been offered a job abroad for 3 years, starting 1st of september, considering my luck i am sure i wont get a reply back from the HO until the day i fly or something. But is there a possibility of getting the ceremony abroad. My husband is a british national by birth, my parents his parents my siblings his siblings are all british and settled here in the UK, so we are definitely coming back(i know thats one of the requirement), we have a house here and other family and extended family ties as well. I can not stay here on my own, well i can IF i have to but its difficult with a baby on my own and wait for the letter which can take forever.

on the HO website it does say that the ceremonies can take place abroad. so will my situation satisfy the criteria for the HO to accept and be happy for me to take the oath abroad and apply for the passport there as well. I can get someone to check my post everyday and as soon as it comes through in the post send it to me via special mail delivery.

ANY advice will be helpful.

noajthan

Re: super confused .. HELP!

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:17 am

Can be done - only for for spouses of BCs. Search in forum for similar case.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.