ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 and Passport application under 3(1)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sriku18
Newly Registered

MN1 and Passport application under 3(1)

Post by Sriku18 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:05 am

Hi

I want to apply for Naturalization for me and My kids ( age 8 and 11) based
on Section 3(1). Kids born in India - family application. We have got ( Me, My wife and
2 kids ILR July 2015.

Questions :

1.Is it mandatory Kids need to be present 3 years back in UK on the application date example I am planning to apply on 08/08/2016,
but my kids went to India on summer break ,I have seen the requirement for 3(5) on the application date, they should be physically present in UK 3 years back, Is it the same case for 3(1)??.
I will come under 3(1) Children born abroad to Indian parents who got ILR last year.
Could you please help/guide whether can I apply next week for naturalization and Passport.

2.Regarding Children Reference
Is it fine to get reference from Director of the company for kids also reason Now holidays unable to approach school, Even I approach not sure wether they will do
reason I have checked some of the forums it is not their policy to refer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 and Passport application under 3(1)

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:28 am

Is either of the parents also applying for citizenship? Children born abroad only qualify if one or both of parents are applying or have applied etc.
1.Is it mandatory Kids need to be present 3 years back in UK on the application date example I am planning to apply on 08/08/2016,
but my kids went to India on summer break ,I have seen the requirement for 3(5) on the application date, they should be physically present in UK 3 years back, Is it the same case for 3(1)??. You are not applying for them under 3(5). How long have they been living in the UK?
I will come under 3(1) Children born abroad to Indian parents who got ILR last year.
Could you please help/guide whether can I apply next week for naturalization and Passport. Children are REGISTERED as BC not Naturalised.
2.Regarding Children Reference
Is it fine to get reference from Director of the company for kids also reason Now holidays unable to approach school, Even I approach not sure wether they will do
reason I have checked some of the forums it is not their policy to refer.
Have you looked at the list of HO approved referees?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sriku18
Newly Registered

Post by Sriku18 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:59 am

1. Yes along with kids I am ( father) also applying at the same time.( Both father, Mother and kids are got ILR
2. Yes I will come under 3(1) not under 3(5). Children are staying in UK nearly more than 5 years ( Fisrt entered in UK May 2011 and they went back India for 6 months, From April 2012 they are staying Continuously in UK except for Summer holidays) last 3 years they went out of UK less than 90 days.
3. Thanks for letting me know that kids can be registered as British Citizen and not required naturalization, I am not aware on this.
4. yes I have checked list of approved referee in that list Company Director is eligible.

Please confirm from my end everything is fine, Is there any thing I need to be take care.

Thanks a lot for your guidance and help.

regards
Sriku

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:27 pm

2. Children are not bound by the absence limits as such.

3. Registration for children and naturalsation for adults is basically the same thing and end result, just called differently.

4. As long as the referee have know them for 3 years then fine. If HO is not happy, they will ask you for another referee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sriku18
Newly Registered

Post by Sriku18 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response, guidance and help, God bless you with full of happiness..

Thanks and Regards
Sriku