ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy agreement expiring - spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Tenancy agreement expiring - spouse visa

Post by rshelar » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for spouse visa for my wife this week.

I am providing tenancy agreement along with the application, however the end date on the agreement is 31st Aug.

Will this cause any issues? Should I explain anything regarding this in the cover letter ?
As of the date of the application and for a month more I will be staying here and will be renewing closer to the end date.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Tenancy agreement expiring - spouse visa

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:26 am

Is it an assured shorthold tenancy (AST)? You can renew the tenancy for another fixed term . If you odnt renew it but still want to stay in the property after fixed term then you will become periodic tenant

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:45 pm

It is AST.

My query is currently I have not renewed and may renew at a later date after the visa application. The spouse visa appointment is now and the agreement being provided along with it has a end date of 31st Aug.

Would this cause any issue?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:48 pm

It may, as by the time the ECO starts to process your wife's application the tenancy agreement may have expired. They will want to see proof of adequate accommodation available on your wife's arrival in the UK if the visa is granted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks Casa

Yea now trying to get a letter from the landlord !

New day new surprises