ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong SOC code for Tier 2 general visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wanhab
Newly Registered

Wrong SOC code for Tier 2 general visa

Post by wanhab » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:05 am

Hi Experts,

I went for my premium application on Monday and my caseworker told me all was valid except for my SOC which 3131 and that needs to be corrected. He said the code that is there now is a Level 4 and i need a Level 6 SOC to be granted a Tier2

Was told to contact my employer asking them to amend it and state why there was a mix up in the first place. An email was given to me for further correspondence. After so much back n forth, my employer has yet to amend the SOC as they said that is the code one that relates to the job that is there and they want to take the risk of losing their license or jail time for any false information

The salary they offered is not the same as the Code 3131 which is another error spotted but they trying to push the blame on me saying i should have found out because its my visa.

I have just completed my MSc and i didn't realise all these codes and what not.

Please can anyone advise on the next step i should take, If they don't amend it what will happen to my application?
If they finally change the SOC (i.e issue another Cos), can i send as a supporting document or i have to do the application again?

I am getting worried. Please help!!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Wrong SOC code for Tier 2 general visa

Post by iworker » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:48 am

to start with, if the ukvi gave you an email address to send further docs with a new cos, u should consider yourself very lucky.. as the application should have been rejected cos of wrong soc code..
if they have still not rejected your application and have given u time to get new docs in, u need to get a new cos issued from employer and then send it to them..
if however, the application has been rejected, then, once u get the new cos, u need to apply again with new application fee etc.

wanhab
Newly Registered

Post by wanhab » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:11 am

iworker wrote:to start with, if the ukvi gave you an email address to send further docs with a new cos, u should consider yourself very lucky.. as the application should have been rejected cos of wrong soc code..
if they have still not rejected your application and have given u time to get new docs in, u need to get a new cos issued from employer and then send it to them..
if however, the application has been rejected, then, once u get the new cos, u need to apply again with new application fee etc.
Thanks for your email.

the thing is my employer is kind of scared/afraid that if they reissue another CoS to another level, they will have issues with UKVI or what not. Do you have any link/document that shows its ok to make mistakes and change the CoS allocated especially with the application still under consideration. Or do you know how can i convince them regarding as i am not sure how long i have before they make a decision on my application.

fsix
Newly Registered

Post by fsix » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:28 am

I think this is pretty simple and as Iworker said, consider yourself lucky to be asked to produce the correct documentation.
All your employer needs to do is use your current job spec to find a corresponding job spec at NQF level 6. Please note it doesn't have to entirely mirror it but it has to be very closely matched. Unfortunely you cannot apply for a tier 2 visa for anything below NQF level 6. You can also make it easier for your employer like I have done in the past by revewing the latest SOC code list and finding a match to your advertised job spec and then putting the recommendation forward