ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired passport with ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mauricetmk
Newly Registered

Expired passport with ILR

Post by mauricetmk » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

I currently hold ILR, however my passport expired back in July. Do i need a valid passport in order to remain in the UK legally even though i have no plan to travel overseas anytime soon?

Trusted google doesnt yield any results and I hope you guys can help.

Thanks,

M

martinstroke

Re: Expired passport with ILR

Post by martinstroke » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Hello,

You do not require a valid passport as you have rightly mentioned, as far as you do have a valid BRP card. I can see that you don't have any travel plans at the moment so you are very much alright.

Thanks and I hope that helps you.

Martins

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Expired passport with ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Bear in mind that if/when you apply for British Citizenship, HO might require proof of residence for the period you do not have a valid passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.