ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK, (resindent permit holders), inform HO??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RayJay

Post by RayJay » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:52 pm

Hi again
we just had a baby yesterday :D

Do we need to inform the homeoffice?
Also is there anything particular I must do i.e. to be the main carer etc.

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Congratulations :D See also Birth to five: 2007 edition.

If either parents had ILR (indefinite leave to remain) or a Permanent right of residence when their child was born in the UK, then their child is automatically a British citizen under section s1(1)( b ) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

In general, non-British babies born in the UK are in the UK legally. They are not required to make any immigration application for leave to remain in the UK (Chapter 8 - Family members, Section 4a - Children born in the United Kingdom who are not British Citizens and Chapter 8 - Family members annexes, Annex P - General guidance).

In the case of non-British babies who may travel out of the UK and later return, see also 14.7 - Children born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983 but who are not British Citizens.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

RayJay

Re: Child born in UK, (resindent permit holders), inform HO?

Post by RayJay » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:31 pm

vinny wrote:Congratulations :D See also Birth to five: 2007 edition.

If either parents had ILR (indefinite leave to remain) or a Permanent right of residence when their child was born in the UK, then their child is automatically a British citizen under section s1(1)( b ) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

In general, non-British babies born in the UK are in the UK legally. They are not required to make any immigration application for leave to remain in the UK (Chapter 8 - Family members, Section 4a - Children born in the United Kingdom who are not British Citizens and Chapter 8 - Family members annexes, Annex P - General guidance).

In the case of non-British babies who may travel out of the UK and later return, see also 14.7 - Children born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983 but who are not British Citizens.
Thanks vinny
the links has alot of information which I will read in details.

Just a quick question.
As you know my know is EEA national and I am non-EEA and we both have 5 year residence permit until 2009.
My wife is going to put him(the baby) on her Czech passport which the embassy told her that she will be able to do it from March2008.

So the question is will she be able to take him to Czech for 2 weeks and enter UK back without any troubles? and do we need to get him the permit too?

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:39 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

RayJay

Post by RayJay » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:55 am

thanks again Vinny.

what I gathered is that the baby will be an EU national and there is no restriction on him to enter UK and we do not need to do anything else apart from that he is registered as Czech national.

Thanks