ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is original TB certificate required for the first time trave

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bristol14
Newly Registered

Is original TB certificate required for the first time trave

Post by bristol14 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:43 am

Hi

I have received original documents back from HO along with original TB certificate. My spouse will be travelling from Pakistan in next couple of weeks. Will she need to carry original TB certificate to show at the time of her first entry in the UK?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Is original TB certificate required for the first time t

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:57 pm

bristol14 wrote:Hi

I have received original documents back from HO along with original TB certificate. My spouse will be travelling from Pakistan in next couple of weeks. Will she need to carry original TB certificate to show at the time of her first entry in the UK?
yes if you got the original back from UKVI then bring it with you

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:05 am

A TB certificate is only required as part of a visa application. It is not required at the point of travel.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:16 am

Best to carry it to show to the Medical Officer. Else, they may waste time and X-Ray her at the airport again.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:18 am

...and there wouldn't be anything to be gained by leaving it behind. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bristol14
Newly Registered

Post by bristol14 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:31 pm

It was sent back to me in the UK with other supporting documents. I have posted to my spouse just to avoid any issue at the entry.