ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

transfer sponsored work permit to new employer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matt510au
Newly Registered

transfer sponsored work permit to new employer

Post by matt510au » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering how i go about transfering my current work visa sponsorship to another company/employer.

example,
If i go for a job interview and they ask me if i am able to work in the UK. What is the best way to tackle this question.

Is it easy now that i have a work permit to transfer it to a new employer or is it as difficult as the first time around.

Any feedbak on this would be cool thanks
matt

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: transfer sponsored work permit to new employer

Post by sakura » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:56 pm

matt510au wrote:Hi everyone,
I was just wondering how i go about transfering my current work visa sponsorship to another company/employer.

example,
If i go for a job interview and they ask me if i am able to work in the UK. What is the best way to tackle this question.

Is it easy now that i have a work permit to transfer it to a new employer or is it as difficult as the first time around.

Any feedbak on this would be cool thanks
matt
You cannot transfer work permits at all....if you want a new employer, they will need to sponsor you for a new WP (and you must apply for the FLR). So if they ask if you are able to work in the UK, you should tell them that you'd need a work permit.

nishantp
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by nishantp » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:44 am

Hi Matt,

If you got a job elsewhere and need a work permit, that company will have to sponsor it for you.

Or

If you want to go contracting,free lancing and need a sponsor as an umbrella company, get in touch with us iridium Interactive (Europe) Ltd in London.

Cheers,
Nishant
nishant@iridiuminteractive.com

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:25 am

You cannot free lance as a work permit holder.

You cannot be sponsored by an 'umbrella company'.

If you go down this route there is a risk that you will be working in breach of the immigration rules.

Nishant - I suggest that you change the way you approach potential clients; what you have written below would suggest that you are a recruitment/bodyshopping firm, and therefore ineligble to sponsor work permits.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

sanak

HSMP extension

Post by sanak » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:28 am

Hi victoria,

I had a question that if i am on HSMP for two years and my spuse as dependent ...can my dependent apply for FLR(HSMP) once my HSMP expires.
Can you please let me know urgent
Thanks and Regards
Sanak

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: Hi

Post by Dawie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:13 pm

nishantp wrote:If you want to go contracting,free lancing and need a sponsor as an umbrella company, get in touch with us iridium Interactive (Europe) Ltd in London.
This is illegal. An umbrella company cannot sponsor a work permit.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP extension

Post by olisun » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:56 pm

sanak wrote:Hi victoria,

I had a question that if i am on HSMP for two years and my spuse as dependent ...can my dependent apply for FLR(HSMP) once my HSMP expires.
Can you please let me know urgent
Thanks and Regards
Sanak
No as she is your dependant

sanak

Post by sanak » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:46 am

What in Case she is working and able to qualify for the HSMP 75 points.

Thanks and Regards
Sana

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:20 pm

sanak wrote:What in Case she is working and able to qualify for the HSMP 75 points.

Thanks and Regards
Sana
Starting next year in PBS Tier 1, dependants of Tier 1 are not allowed to switch to Tier 1 status.
Perry Ismangil

matt510au
Newly Registered

Post by matt510au » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks for everyone getting back to me.

I am a little confused, as i have spoken with 2 visa companys ( one being the people who got me my work visa) and they have both confirmed i am able to transfer my current work visa to another company. ( reapply as such)

The position needs to be the same or very similar to what is on my current work visa, it doesnt take as long as the first time around. 1-8 days.

Does this sound right?

the reason i ask is as we all know it is difficult to get sponsorship, or HSMP or anything and i dont want to resign from one position for another company to back out if it all gets to difficult......

cheers matt

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:25 am

matt510au wrote:Thanks for everyone getting back to me.

I am a little confused, as i have spoken with 2 visa companys ( one being the people who got me my work visa) and they have both confirmed i am able to transfer my current work visa to another company. ( reapply as such)

The position needs to be the same or very similar to what is on my current work visa, it doesnt take as long as the first time around. 1-8 days.

Does this sound right?

the reason i ask is as we all know it is difficult to get sponsorship, or HSMP or anything and i dont want to resign from one position for another company to back out if it all gets to difficult......

cheers matt
The term "transfer" here is what is confusing for you. There is no such thing as a work permit transfer. Every time you change employers you are looking at a fresh work permit application.

If your job title stays the same as under your previous work permit then the advertising requirement is waived and the application process is slightly easier and quicker, however do not be under any illusion that this is a simple "transfer". A new work permit application is required and will be approved or rejected on its own merits.

I must say it really annoys me when visa agencies and immigration lawyers, who should know better, use misleading language and terms in order to get clients.

Another example, already seen on this board, are agents who offer to "extend" a working holiday visa, when this is not possible.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

matt510au
Newly Registered

Post by matt510au » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:54 am

Thanks Dawie,

as long as i know it can be done, and it should be a little bit easier to complete than previous (no guarantee though).

The advertisment for the position wavier is good as this can take a long time, or cause difficulty

Companies are still scared of the whole sponsorship thing, i have had feed back from a few heads of departments that 'HR' have said it is to difficult, which has led to me not being given the go ahead even when i am wanted....

Matt

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:59 pm

I am sure you have thought of this, but I knew from personal friends they sometime missed this: if you are a workpermit holder switch to HSMP as soon as you can (usually after 12 months so you can prove earnings).

HSMP gives you the flexibility to change jobs.
Perry Ismangil

matt510au
Newly Registered

Post by matt510au » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:09 pm

hi ismangil,

yeah would have liked to but fall about 5 points short so dont qualify.
Thibking of heading down the unmarried visa route. As i have been living with my girlfriend for just over 2 years now so might be a option...

matt