ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP ISSUES? Home office backlog

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ellen julia
Newly Registered

BRP ISSUES? Home office backlog

Post by ellen julia » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:51 am

I have been waiting for my BRP card since I arrived in the UK under a Tier 2 Visa since 9 July.
Each time I visit the post office they tell me that it hasnt arrived and each time I call the home office they are unhelpful and cannot give me answers - not even to tell me if the card has been dispatched or not. At this point I would like to know - has it been dispatched to the post office, has it been registered, has it been lost? But no answer from anyone.

Now I am needing to fly back to South Africa on.... THURSDAY .. and now I cannot do so as I have been told to not leave without the BRP as I won't be able to get back into the UK.

Now this is the catch - I need to return to ZA in order to collect medication that I need (it's pretty serious as I have a chronic illness).

I need this medication urgently and I am wanting to know if there was a way I could get around this?

1) Can I apply for a Vinegette extention in ZA? My Vingette sticker has now expired.

2) Can I get a letter from the home office allowing me back into the country on the circumstances that I needed the medication?

Any guidance or feedback would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP ISSUES? Home office backlog

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:03 am

Why can't you get your medication here on the NHS? It is free versus the costs in SA.

No, you can't get a letter from HO and no, you likely won't be able to extend your expired vignette as you have already traveled and 'activated' it.

Have you contacted the BRP enquiry team by email?

Also assuming you are attending the Post Office you stipulated in your application for collection.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:13 am

Why can't you get the medication in UK?

Edit: beaten by CR001
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ellen julia
Newly Registered

Post by ellen julia » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:59 pm

CR001 wrote:Why can't you get your medication here on the NHS? It is free versus the costs in SA.

No, you can't get a letter from HO and no, you likely won't be able to extend your expired vignette as you have already traveled and 'activated' it.

Have you contacted the BRP enquiry team by email?

Also assuming you are attending the Post Office you stipulated in your application for collection.

Ive emailed every email that there is out there and I have telephoned a million times.

No one can give me an answer

I cannot get my medication here for now.

The airline tells me they will let me on the plabe provided I have a letter from the home office

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:23 pm

I don't understand why you are unable to get your medication here, if you have registered with a GP, it should not be an issue.

Unlikely you would get a letter from HO by Thursday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:22 pm

I have been in the same situation as you. I can't understand why you would go back just for medications? Ask someone back home to ship it to you if it's just a small quantity for personal use, it should be ok. Also, getting it in the UK shouldn't be so hard if you meet a GP.