ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advice from senior members

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mukh

Post by mukh » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:06 pm

hey guys, i am having a problem that is twisting my head. hope u can help.
my girl friend is latvian national, she used to work fully about a year ago but now she is doing full time education. She is enrolled on a management course now and has all the documents. I am a non eea (pakistani) and would love to marry with her. But I don’t know where is easy to get married. I have a SCHANGEN visa, and I can go to Latvia, but not sure that I can get married there or not? Or if I want to marry here, then I have to get permission from HO and apply for COA.
please reply. thanks

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:19 pm

I am a non eea (pakistani) and would love to marry with her
What is your stay status in UK? For eg. Are you a student, On work permit etc...

mukh

Post by mukh » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:22 pm

student. visa expires nov 2008.
also andother question. if i am applying for visa after marrige. can i get visa afor 3 years. because her course is 3 years.
thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:23 pm

If you marry in the UK, then see also European Casework Instructions > Chapter 7 - Accession State Nationals (3. A8 NATIONALS).

See also Marriage in Latvia (information for US citizens). Unfortunately, Pakistan does not have an embassy in Latvia to help with marriages there.

If you marry outside the UK, then see also 13.10 - Validity of marriages and Can my family members join me in the UK? and 21.4 - The EEA family permit.
Last edited by vinny on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mukh

Post by mukh » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:45 pm

vinny thanks for ur reply. i check all the links u gave me but i could not find anything about visa.
i want to know that can i get 3 years spouse visa, as my future wife is studying and enrolled a 3 year course.
thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:15 am

mukh wrote:i check all the links u gave me but i could not find anything about visa.
Check out the links carefully!
vinny wrote:If you marry in the UK, then see also European Casework Instructions > Chapter 7 - Accession State Nationals (3. A8 NATIONALS).
Where we have:
Chapter 7 - Accession State Nationals wrote:1. INTRODUCTION

Key Points

• On 1 May 2004 Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania,Malta, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia became Member States of the European Union.

• The Accession Treaty gave nationals from the ten new Member States the right to travel freely across the European Union allowing them to visit, live and study in any Member State. Nationals from all ten new Member States are able to pursue activities as self-employed persons in any Member State and nationals from Malta and Cyprus are able to work in any Member State

Restrictions under the Accession Treaty

• Under the Accession Treaty, Member States were able to restrict access to the labour market for nationals of Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia (“A8 nationalsâ€
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.