ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mary937
United Kingdom

Change of address

Post by Mary937 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:45 pm

I am not sure where to post it... Do we need to update Home Office about changing of address if we hold ILR please?

What else do we have to do as holders of ILR? Thank you:-)

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Change of address

Post by Noetic » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:05 pm

I don't think you *have* to unless you have an pending but it still ends up recorded if you use https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

(I know this from a past SAR I made, both address changes after I received my PR document were logged in my records)

I do feel it shows HO that you're staying "on the radar" if you keep them up to date of your whereabouts over time, which can only be a good thing if you're planning on applying for citizenship later.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:09 pm

If you have any active pending application than use the address provided for " change"

1) You will not get any confirmation that it's been done ( as far my experience is concerened) but trust me it is :)
Thanks

Ali

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:33 pm

Hello Everyone,

On the Change of circumstances form, what we need to mention in the Section 18 ?

Do we just need to mention the New Address with the Postcode or we need to mention the Old Address as well ?

Because we don't have any section for the old address.

Please help me on this.

Many Thanks.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:39 am

Hello Seniors and Moderators,

Could you please help me on this.

Many Thanks