ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question to do with FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magicman316

Question to do with FLR (M)

Post by magicman316 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:36 pm

My wife's spouse visa from Pakistan expires on 28 March 2017.

Am I correct in thinking that I should apply for her FLR within 28 of this expiry, and not before?

With regards to her English language - will the english certificate she obtained from Pakistan during her spouse visa application suffice? It was accepted back then as was on the HO list (But I notice is no longer on the list as of right now).

We have separate bank accounts, she has letters from govt departments, NHS etc and so do I. We are going to make a joint bank account tomorrow so we get something in both are names too. What else is actually needed? I've been through guidance. Do they want photos of us together, what other kinds of evidence are we supposed to supply as we have been living together since. Have traveled abroad together so could show entry stamps/exit stamps maybe? There's no Communication as such as we dont talk on the phone or chat etc because we live together.

She is going to do her Life in UK test at the end of this month (even though I know thats only needed for her ILR which is still 3 years away). Will she need to do a speaking and listening test here too as she did do that as part of her english language test in Pakistan for which we have certificate still (which was Cambridge English Language KET) i believe.

Thanks for your help guys. As ever, most appreciated.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question to do with FLR (M)

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:53 pm

magicman316 wrote:My wife's spouse visa from Pakistan expires on 28 March 2017.

Am I correct in thinking that I should apply for her FLR within 28 of this expiry, and not before? Yes, any time within 28 days of expiry to avoid a potential shortfall for ILR and the need for an additional extension later on to cover a small gap.

With regards to her English language - will the english certificate she obtained from Pakistan during her spouse visa application suffice? It was accepted back then as was on the HO list (But I notice is no longer on the list as of right now). Not sure, wait for others to comment.

We have separate bank accounts, she has letters from govt departments, NHS etc and so do I. We are going to make a joint bank account tomorrow so we get something in both are names too. What else is actually needed? I've been through guidance. Do they want photos of us together, what other kinds of evidence are we supposed to supply as we have been living together since. Have traveled abroad together so could show entry stamps/exit stamps maybe? There's no Communication as such as we dont talk on the phone or chat etc because we live together. Page 64 of the FLR(M) form gives a range of examples that HO want to see.

She is going to do her Life in UK test at the end of this month (even though I know thats only needed for her ILR which is still 3 years away). Will she need to do a speaking and listening test here too as she did do that as part of her english language test in Pakistan for which we have certificate still (which was Cambridge English Language KET) i believe. She will need to meet the English requirement, whatever that is, when she qualifies for ILR. Currently it is Level B1 for ILR.

Thanks for your help guys. As ever, most appreciated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:56 pm

From October 2016 A2 level English will be required for FLR(M) extensions.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:01 pm

casa wrote
From October 2016 A2 level English will be required for FLR(M) extensions.
on this september my wife going to apply for extension spouse visa FLR(M), in order to meet the english requirement she will use A1 english certificate
wondering if her application will be refuse if her file reach the caseworker after 1st october?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:04 pm

The rule applies on the date of application, not when the Case Worker reviews the evidence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.