ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(m) application form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thplbt
Newly Registered

FLR(m) application form

Post by thplbt » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi, I have a few questions about applying for a first FLR(m) visa for my wife (who I married in May). She has been in the UK for 1.5 years with a tier 5 youth mobility visa.

1. We're intending to apply purely through cash savings £62500, and will provide evidence of this as required. I'm finding the form a bit confusing for this situation. At the beginning of section 7.3 there is a box to tick to say which category you are applying through, but there is no box for cash savings only here - the first time that is presented as an option is on section 7.3E. Is it correct to leave everything from 7.3 to 7.3D blank and only fill in 7.3E? And I'm presuming I don't need to specify other evidence of my income if applying through cash savings only?

2. Also, the other thing was regarding evidence of a genuine relationship, which is mentioned in various places on the gov website, but not in the application form. What do they actually want for this? We had a simple wedding at a registry office and a bigger meal with friends later. We have plenty of photos of the day, and a screenshot of the facebook event we made! but no receipts etc, as the whole thing was quite simple. Will it help to send just the photos etc? And will it be helpful to send evidence (emails/photos/plane tickets) of our relationship before marriage?

3. Finally, I hear occasionally on these boards about the covering letter often submitted with postal applications, presumably to tie the whole application together, but can't find anything about this on gov sites. We are thinking of using the premium service, and if so, is it still useful to write a covering letter do you think, and what kind of things are normally in it? Just a kind of summary of our situation?

Would be really grateful if anyone could give us some advice about these, or even point us to other threads, as I haven't been able to find anything that specifically answers these. Thanks in advance!

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: FLR(m) application form

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:29 pm

1) cash saving is category D. Read and fill section 7.3E Cash savings on page 34 and if you just relying on cash saving then there is no need to fill any other section

2) all relationship documents i.e marriage registration certificate, wedding photos, any documents contain boht your and your partner name on them i.e join bank statement, utility bills, NHS hospital letters etc They basically want you to provide proof of cohabitation

3) covering letter is just simple letter which state the history of your relationship and your life in UK..

thplbt
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(m) application form

Post by thplbt » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Thanks very much!