ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Schengen Visa Queries

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maheshrocks
Newly Registered

French Schengen Visa Queries

Post by Maheshrocks » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:56 am

Hi,

I am applying for schengen visa along with my wife to France through TLS Contact. I have few questions related to that.

1. What is best travel insurance company/ policy that covers the travel insurance for all schengen countries?
According to TLS Contact, I came to know that travel insurance with just Europe is not sufficient for visa it seems. They mentioned that it has to cover the total schengen area. I don't understand this as most of the insurance companies are offering Europe rather Schengen area.

2. Are my bank statements sufficient for my wife maintenance requirement? or Do I need to provide another set of my bank statements?

Please provide your comments for above.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: French Schengen Visa Queries

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Members cannot advise company names etc. Use Google or moneysavingsexpert. Check if you don't already have travel insurance for Europe with your bank.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cayos

Re: French Schengen Visa Queries

Post by Cayos » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:58 am

1. You can buy the travel insurance which satisfies the French Consulate requirements on the website of the French Visa Application Centre - TLS Contact.
2. If your wife doesn't work or just doesn't want to provide her bank statements and you have enough funds for both of you, you can show just your bank statements and enclose a letter saying that you are going to sponsor your wife.