ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

House Inspection

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ikhan7

House Inspection

Post by ikhan7 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:52 am

Hi,
I am applying for my wife visa , I was wondering if the Housing Inspection report is mandatory ?
I am renting one bed room apartment.
I have to submit my wife docs to Sheffield in few days , spoke to Manchester City council and they said it will take up to 10-15 days to get housing inspection certificate.

Please help.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: House Inspection

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:08 am

No, it is not a mandatory document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ikhan7

Post by ikhan7 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:09 am

CR001 wrote:No, it is not a mandatory document.

Thanks

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:49 am

ikhan7 wrote:

Thanks
It is not mandatory but I have seen people being refused for not having this report or it was prepared by the same law firm representing you. I would advise you to get this report attached. You don't need to go to the council. You can get this report from any estate agent who is registered with property ombudsman. This will cost you in between $50 to £100.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:51 am

If the OP is renting a one bedroom flat for his and wife own use, he does not need a house inspection report.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

strontiumdog74

Post by strontiumdog74 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:45 am

sunoo wrote:
ikhan7 wrote:

Thanks
It is not mandatory but I have seen people being refused for not having this report or it was prepared by the same law firm representing you. I would advise you to get this report attached. You don't need to go to the council. You can get this report from any estate agent who is registered with property ombudsman. This will cost you in between $50 to £100.
It could also cost as much as £350 plus VAT depending on where you live.

I think it should be done by either the local authority or at least a RICS Chartered Surveyor, although I have read of people who have just used a local Estate Agent
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it, the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:46 am

CR001 wrote:If the OP is renting a one bedroom flat for his and wife own use, he does not need a house inspection report.
As above.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.