ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gross Salary Paid by current employer

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rizcon

Gross Salary Paid by current employer

Post by Rizcon » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:58 am

According to new AN Guidelines , HO requires evidence of income in form of either pay slips or P60s for the salaried applicants and also expect that correct tax and NI being paid on current employment and previous employments.

One of my friend is preparing to apply for naturalisation this month. He was doing a permanent job from last 4 years and left that job in April this year and started to work for an agency after leaving this permanent job.He is getting paid in Gross from this agency work meaning no tax or NI contributions are deducted from his wages.In the previous permanent employment, right tax and NI contributions were deducted.So, it's not an issue.

As he is getting paid in gross from this April, so he will need to file tax return at the end of tax year after April 2017 and then he will pay both tax and NI contributions.

As he is going to apply for Naturalisation this month which simply means that there won't be any record of tax and NI contributions for this agency work which he started in the end of April this year. As mentioned in AN guidelines, HO is expecting to see the payment of tax and NI contributions for current job as well.

He is worried now because he is getting paid in gross not through PAYE and HO may see it differently or in other words evasion of tax and refuse his application.

Will it be ok to send the pay slips for this temporary agency job and explain in further information that he will pay the tax and NI contributions at the end of tax year by filing the tax return, which is according to HMRC procedure and legal as he is not trying to dodge any one?

Rizcon

Re: Gross Salary Paid by current employer

Post by Rizcon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:38 am

Rizcon wrote:According to new AN Guidelines , HO requires evidence of income in form of either pay slips or P60s for the salaried applicants and also expect that correct tax and NI being paid on current employment and previous employments.

One of my friend is preparing to apply for naturalisation this month. He was doing a permanent job from last 4 years and left that job in April this year and started to work for an agency after leaving this permanent job.He is getting paid in Gross from this agency work meaning no tax or NI contributions are deducted from his wages.In the previous permanent employment, right tax and NI contributions were deducted.So, it's not an issue.

As he is getting paid in gross from this April, so he will need to file tax return at the end of tax year after April 2017 and then he will pay both tax and NI contributions.

As he is going to apply for Naturalisation this month which simply means that there won't be any record of tax and NI contributions for this agency work which he started in the end of April this year. As mentioned in AN guidelines, HO is expecting to see the payment of tax and NI contributions for current job as well.

He is worried now because he is getting paid in gross not through PAYE and HO may see it differently or in other words evasion of tax and refuse his application.

Will it be ok to send the pay slips for this temporary agency job and explain in further information that he will pay the tax and NI contributions at the end of tax year by filing the tax return, which is according to HMRC procedure and legal as he is not trying to dodge any one?
Any suggestions please!

He is thinking to provide the Tax office reference number for the previous job which he left in end of April this year with all the P60s / P45 and explain the current job and Gross salary payments in the further information space provided in the AN form and that he will file the tax return in April, 2017.

What you guys think about it. Will it work or there are chances that HO make an issue of it and refuse his application?

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:05 am

I am not an expert, but could you please enlighten us, where does HO says (in the Guide) to provide proof of Income ? What I think, is that they just need your latest Tax Reference Number and also, if you are self employed, then they need the latest Tax Assessment Statement.
What I think, is that they are only interested to know if you have your tax records clean or not. They are not bothered to know how much you earn or whether you are jobless.

Hope it clears and Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:32 pm

rukmesh wrote:I am not an expert, but could you please enlighten us, where does HO says (in the Guide) to provide proof of Income ?
Page 8 of the AN guide updated in July.