ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Setup an own business legislation for Working Visa holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wen
Newly Registered

Setup an own business legislation for Working Visa holder

Post by wen » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:11 pm

Is there any legislation on Working Visa Holder, who want to setup his own business in Ireland?

I am currently holding a working visa in IT field. And willing to register a business permition to run a fast food restaurant. Not sure if it is allowed...

Any buddy with info.. plz do post up.. :wink:

elbet
Newly Registered

Post by elbet » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:22 am

Officially you will get support from CRO & revenue as long as you hold stamp4 and you could run your business with no problem . However , if you ask anyone from Business permission department they will advice you that you should get a "Business Permission" to run your business in Ireland which you can forget about getting it .

The most important point now , you CAN NOT renew your residency in Ireland based on your business , unless you hold a business permission or Long term residency !!

elbet
Newly Registered

Post by elbet » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:24 am

... or you residency is already being renewed based on your IT job ( if you still in employment )

wen
Newly Registered

Post by wen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:15 pm

Thanks for elbet's info :wink:
My idea is that am gonna continue working in my company(which ensuring I could get working visa renewed every two years).

I will contact CRO then.

elbet
Newly Registered

Post by elbet » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:44 pm

This way it should work with no problem , CRO & Revenue will be happy to setup your business . PM me if you want to know other crowd who help ethnic minority to set up their business.