ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Work & supporting documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alisher
Newly Registered

Right of Work & supporting documents

Post by Alisher » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:34 am

Good Morning Dear Users,

I need some info about supporting documents. I submitted my EEA-FM application in May with Islamic Marriage certificate & I did't send original ID of my wife because I need for marriage registration. Home office send me COA with no right of work on 06-06-16. They are saying I am unmarried partner of EU National & we did't send original ID of my sponsor. Last month I got married in Council. Now I received marriage certificate as well. I am going to send them original documents & marriage certificate to home office. Shall I request them for right of work. They will grant me right of work or shall I send them a new application with all supporting.

Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Right of Work & supporting documents

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:39 am

It would probably be better to submit a new application as at the time you submitted this one you weren't legally married. You can't simply 'update' an application as it will be reviewed by the Case Worker on the evidence available the date of submission.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 pm

anybody else have any idea about supporting documents.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:02 pm

Alisher wrote:anybody else have any idea about supporting documents.
I suspect no-one with a view on the matter disagrees with Casa. I for one think Casa gave good advice.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Good evening everybody, I send email to home office for full time right to work on 24 sept.2016. Today I received letter from home office saying that we are unable to confirm right of work due to following below. Evidence of relationship with you EEA National. Identity. Treaty Rights. They are saying we already issued you a shorter style certificate of Application. When I made my first application on 5th of May 2016 with Islamic marriage certificate. After that I got married in July & send them all original documents e.g marriage certificate identy 4 month payslips of my wife & request for right of work. According to their home office guidance they should make a decesion within 6 month. It's almost 5 month 7 days gone. May be I will receive decesion end of this month or next month. My time scale as under. Application send : 05-05-16 Payment taken: 11-05-16 COA with no right of work: 06-06-16 Biometteric: 06-06-16

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Its HO policy not to reissue a COA in such circumstances.

And don't be surprised if the decision takes longer than 6 months.
The 6 months is a target not a guarantee that you can enforce.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Noajthan, What is treaty rights. I already send them my wife 4 month payslips from April to July (part time) & they are saying treaty rights. Accordance to home office guidance as along as your eea sponsor should be working doesn't matter parttime/full time.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Alisher wrote:Noajthan, What is treaty rights. I already send them my wife 4 month payslips from April to July (part time) & they are saying treaty rights. Accordance to home office guidance as along as your eea sponsor should be working doesn't matter parttime/full time.
Work needs to be genuine and effective so there are some criteria used to assess work.
And HO applies its MET test on top of the cleaner, purer EU law.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

What does HO say in particular about 'treaty rights'?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.