ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Workpermit ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raghu
Newly Registered

EU Workpermit ?

Post by Raghu » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:24 am

Is EU workpermit the same as a UK one ? I know the name itself probably implies u need to have to be a EU citizen.

I have come across jobs which are located in London but they want EU workpermit.

Can one get an EU workpermit post HSMP approval ??

Clarifications from those in the know of this issue would be welcome !

ameba
Newly Registered

Post by ameba » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:38 am

The EU citizens can work in the UK freely and they don't need any work permits.

If you are asking about yourself, I think that company would like to be sure that you can work in the EU, due to often travels there. In that case you have to find out how to get a work permit for the country you will have to work in.

Honestly, I have never heard of EU Workpermit. I guess non EU citizens have to apply for workpermit to the country they are heading to.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:41 am

As far as i know, EU workpermit does not exist, each country asigns a work permit, the same with UK, in any case your UK work permite does not allow you to work in the whole european union and a particular WP from an EU country does not allow you to work in the UK.
THe work you came across might require a Work Permit (uk one) maybe because the person requesting this does not know about the HSMP, HSMP allows you to work for any UK employer in the UK.....

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:08 am

i too agree that there is no "EU work permit" as such, but there are people permitted to work anywhere in the EU (EU citizens and their spouse). A lot of companies and agencies now tend to write “only applicants with prior approval to work in the UK will be accepted” . with the job you have seen, does it require you to travel / work in other EU countries? If you have your HSMP already you should apply for it any how and then take upon yourself to “educate” them about the WPs and HSMPs cause it seems a lot of employers and agencies think that applying for a WP is an impossible task.

Raghu
Newly Registered

Post by Raghu » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:46 pm

Thanks for your feedback guys. I figured too that there was nothing such as an EU workpermit but most of the recruiters are not very familiar with HSMP.

I make it a point to explain HSMP and provide links to it when they ask me about work permit.

I guess sometimes one should just say that one has the legal right to work and leave it at that - I guess clarification should be given once an offer has been made.

thanks again !