ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport for UK Born child

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NS16
Newly Registered

Indian passport for UK Born child

Post by NS16 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:52 am

Hi,

I am applying for Indian passport of our month old baby born in UK. I have completed online passport application form
got MHA number and printed the same. To apply for our child's passport I am planning to visit VFS centre with my wife
i.e. I am not planing to take my child to VFS centre.

I am submitting following documents:
1. Application form with Babys photo (4 photos- 2inch X 2inch).
2. Declaration
3. Parents passport & visa original and photocopy
4. Baby birth certificate from Council and HCI.
5. Parents marriage certificate
6. Annexure-H

Need help with some of my queries below.

1 As passport is for minor me and my wife on Application form will write our names and sign point 28 i.e. Declaration of parents and our child's thumb impression is required at two places; On page one besides child photograph and on point 26 i.e. Declaration.
- On point 29 of the application form i.e. Specimen signature of T.I. do I need to take Thumb impression of my child or do me and my wife sign in the space provided.
- Other than this do I need to take thumb impression of my child at any other location on the application form.

2. Do I have to carry declaration on change of appearance of my child?

3. Any specific precaution/proactive measure or document that I need to take as I am not planning to take my baby to VFS centre?

Thanks and Regards.

-NS