ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Someone please help

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

toon
Newly Registered

Someone please help

Post by toon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:48 am

can someone PLEASE help me with this question.

ok i am 17 years old and live in canada. My sister married an american and is now living in the united states.

I want to move to the USA once i am 18, and im wondering if my sister can sponsor me, or if her husband can...or what other method i could use

help would be apreciated

vinny

Someone please help

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:03 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Someone please help

Post by JAJ » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:57 am

toon wrote:can someone PLEASE help me with this question.

ok i am 17 years old and live in canada. My sister married an american and is now living in the united states.

I want to move to the USA once i am 18, and im wondering if my sister can sponsor me, or if her husband can...or what other method i could use
Are you a Canadian citizen?

Daniel Green
Newly Registered

Re: Someone please help

Post by Daniel Green » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:24 pm

toon wrote:can someone PLEASE help me with this question.

help would be apreciated
Your sister could sponsor you, but it would take around a decade or more before you could use her sponsorship petition (her I-130) to immigrate to the U.S.

If you want to just visit the U.S. and you are a Canadian citizen, you don't need a visa to enter the U.S. for brief periods of time.