ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawing Tier 2 application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Physicist
Newly Registered

Withdrawing Tier 2 application

Post by Physicist » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:19 pm

Hello Everyone,

I applied for a Tier 2 visa in October 2015 (after a Tier) but until now my Tier 2 application has not been moved forward as they are requesting some documents. I want to leave my current job and have decided to do a masters course and switch back to a Tier 4 visa after I get a CAS letter from a university. My employer as well us not in the best financial position and we agreed it would be best for the both of us to go our separate ways.

From my understanding, I would have to exit the country and apply from outside for january or october intake just so I don't break my continuation period (I have already been here since 2011).

Could anyone please guide me how I can go about withdrawing application? Can I simply tell my solicitor to withdraw my application and my employer only has to inform them that our employee is leaving. Please let me know if there is anything else that is needed.