ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application for a UK Born Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Native_Lad
Newly Registered

MN1 Application for a UK Born Child

Post by Native_Lad » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:27 am

Hi experts, I remember a while ago I was advised by your good selves that I could submit a citizenship application for my 2yr old child.

He was born in the UK, myself and my wife were not settled when he was born but I am now a BC. My wife still has a dependent visa. I understood I could apply based on section 1(3).

My question now is that based on the below quote from the MN1 guidance form, does it imply that both myself and my wife must be settled before we meet the 1(3) rule or does myself being a BC automatically satisfy the rule? Also do I have to send in my British passport or can a full photocopy do?

Section 1 (3)-A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and were not settled in the UK (see page 6) will have an entitlement to register when their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens.

Thank you very much for your response in advance.

noajthan

Re: MN1 Application for a UK Born Child

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:38 am

Native_Lad wrote:Hi experts, I remember a while ago I was advised by your good selves that I could submit a citizenship application for my 2yr old child.

He was born in the UK, myself and my wife were not settled when he was born but I am now a BC. My wife still has a dependent visa. I understood I could apply based on section 1(3).

My question now is that based on the below quote from the MN1 guidance form, does it imply that both myself and my wife must be settled before we meet the 1(3) rule or does myself being a BC automatically satisfy the rule? Also do I have to send in my British passport or can a full photocopy do?

Section 1 (3)-A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and were not settled in the UK (see page 6) will have an entitlement to register when their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens.

Thank you very much for your response in advance.
The guidance is not the law and that guidance contains a typo - as you have suspected.

The legislation is clear: one parent - section 1(3) of BNA:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61

There is mention of sending copy of passport in MN1 guidance; however suggest send original.
Or simply apply via NCS and hold onto all original documents.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Native_Lad
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 Application for a UK Born Child

Post by Native_Lad » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:51 pm

Thank you very much noajthan for the response and the link. It is clear enough.

Thanks once again.