ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some observations

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beanjay1
Newly Registered

Some observations

Post by beanjay1 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:44 am

I would just like to offer some advice to people applying for Visas that I have gained by personal experience. If you are applying through a British Embassy or Mission overseas, these can sometimes be very unhelpful and unfriendly if you are in need of advice or assistance - particularly if, like me, you are British. It appears that their personnel also believe that they are each able to make their own interpretation of the regulations and apply them as they see fit.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London, on the other hand, is extremely helpful and efficient and their advice is clear and concise. They are easily contactable by email and their response times are very good.

One problem though. The application still has to be made through the overseas Embassy and is likely to be refused if it does not comply with local interpretation, So be prepared to then wait whilst your appeal is heard. This is heard in London so if you have complied with the FCO regulations, as clarified for you by the FCO, there should be no problem.

This is from my current personal experience.

Bob