ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Return of the documents...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tay79
Newly Registered

EEA4 Return of the documents...

Post by Tay79 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi guys, hope anyone can help.

Basically long story short. The Homeoffice has had our Passports for almost 6 month. Tomorrow is the last day. If we receive them tomorrow we can still go on our booked holiday to the States on Thursday. Which was booked way before we knew we needed to reapply.

I have requested the documents back 3 times
1st time 12th of july
2nd time 26th of july
3rd time 9th of August (we got an email saying that the documents will be with us shortly...)

Its a family trip where we meet my husbands family who is flying in from the New Zealand.

I just dont understand how it is not possible to find a way to actually speak to a person. We have never managed to get through to the deparment that is actually holding our documents. We dont know if they have been sent and maybe lost... we just want to know what is going on, track it.

Is there anyone to speak to, does anyone have a contact I can call or speak to. Any advise would be much appreciated...

Many Thanks, Tay

lxshen54
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 Return of the documents...

Post by lxshen54 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi Tay,

we are in the same situation. My EEA sponsor (my fiance got his passport back after we sent request for return of doc on 28 June. Then, i have sent online progress enquiry form several times. Then, they referred us to a department where they usually call you to tell you that they have escalated without telling you when to expect. We have missed our Notice of Marriage once, and tomorrow is the second appointment. So far, we haven't received anything yet.

You are lucky in a way, at least somebody sent email to you within expected timeline. we just heard nothing. We are as frustrated as you are.

could you advise what have you done to get email back from them? did you use online progress enquiry form?

good luck, finger crossed that you could still go to the holiday
LX

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Post by ill_gremlinx » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:08 am

Trust me the customer service desk are useless. I had to go through hell to get my wifes EU nationals passport back.
I first request her passport back on 16/06/16. At the time of request I didn't have my bio letter or COA BUT WAS 31/2 weeks after they received my sapplication.
I then made a progress enquiry request after 10 working days
After another 10 working days I made a second request of return of document and in there stated that I was chasing for process on the previous 2 request made.
a couple of days later I called them to tell them its been over a month. the lady I talked to took my details and advised me she will pass it on to the Croydon department and they will deal with my query with 5 working days.
A couple of days later nothing so sent email to liverpooleuro.passportreturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk, RODRequestsECT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, (both useless, just got auto reply) and complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
Then within 3 days of calling them I got a call from the croydon department to say that they would look into this but as far as they can see on their system my request was made end of June and that if its not more than 20 days there is nothing they can do.
Got desperate so from the 19/07/16 starting filling out the progress enquiry forms about 5 times each day.
then on on the 5 day from the time request was passed to Croydon team I called them and the gave me the same old wait another 10 days crap. I was fuming and demanded to speak to supervisor which he did and was on the phone to supervisor for 30 mins telling him I'm not hanging up til I speak to someone who has access to my file and tell me what is actually happening to my request. All he could say was he will send another emal to Croydon team again and mark it as urgent. within 4 working day after speaking to supervisor I got a call that my wifes paspsort has been sent and would be with us the next day before 1pm signed for. Got her passport back on the 26/07/16 more than a month after request it.

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Post by ill_gremlinx » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:22 am

Oh I to add injury to insult I got reply back from the complaint department and this is what they said:

Thank you for your email correspondence of xxxxxx where you have raised a complaint about the delay in returning documents that were submitted with your Permanent Residence Card application on xxxxx.

I have assessed the circumstances relating to the matter you have complained about. With this work now complete, I have based my response on these findings. I am partially upholding your complaint and I hope my reply helps you to understand the reasons why.

You say that you have made a request for the return of the passport belonging to your wife, xxxxxxxxxxxx. You say you had requested these documents on two occasions, but you have yet to receive them. You have asked that they be returned as a matter of urgency.

Our records show the receipt of a return of document form on 28 June. Unfortunately, we do not have a record of an earlier request.

I am sorry for the delay in returning the requested documents. I should explain that we currently receive a large number of such requests and while we do aim to conclude them within 10 working days, it is not always possible to do so.

I can confirm, however, that the requested documents were returned on 22 July by first class special delivery post, reference number, xxxxxxx The Royal Mail tracking service shows that this package was delivered and signed for on 26 July.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I hope this answers your concerns.

You can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at: complaintsreview@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,

Basically they are saying my lying about about filing out the 1st request documents form. I mean I'm stupid enough to fill out the documents not received form and quote some incorrect ROD number as my 1st request smh.....

JoannaF
Newly Registered

Post by JoannaF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:03 am

Hi,

I've been begging home office for my passport for nearly 8 weeks now. Meant to go Los Angeles two days ago....Still hoping to get it so I can buy new ticket and use my flight back but it's been so long that I'm starting to think that they've lost it.

Application sent: 29th May 2016
Money taken: 2nd June 2016
1st request online: on the 27th June 2016
2nd request online: 21st July 2016
3rd request (UKVI contact center on 03001232253): 4th August 2016
Email received from HO: 8th August 2016 that 'My request has been passed to appropriate team for action and I'll receive my documents shortly'
4th request (call center): 11th August 2016
12th August 2016; phone call received from 'No Caller ID'. I was told that nothing has been done but he will contact the department and see what he can do. Meant to call me back with an update but he didn't. Also on that day went Croydon but I was told that they can only help with premium services because postal applications are being held in Liverpool or Sheffield.
5th request (call center again): 15th August 2016
Called them yesterday (16th August 2016) but I was told that I have to wait 5 working days to make a new referral.

I've emailed (and faxed) complains department on email provided on the website but it takes 20 working days for them to reply. I've emailed yesterday my local MP but her office is closed until 5th September so I'm assuming she's on holiday. Called Parliament to see if any other MP can help but I was told that i have to wait for the local one. google Local MP by post code and try that. Home Office must get back to them asap so all they need to do it write to them on your behalf.

Hope that helps!

JoannaF
Newly Registered

Post by JoannaF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:06 am

I'm in exactly the same situation! Where can I find this 'progress enquiry form'?

JoannaF
Newly Registered

Post by JoannaF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:11 am

ill_gremlinx wrote:Trust me the customer service desk are useless. I had to go through hell to get my wifes EU nationals passport back.
I first request her passport back on 16/06/16. At the time of request I didn't have my bio letter or COA BUT WAS 31/2 weeks after they received my sapplication.
I then made a progress enquiry request after 10 working days
After another 10 working days I made a second request of return of document and in there stated that I was chasing for process on the previous 2 request made.
a couple of days later I called them to tell them its been over a month. the lady I talked to took my details and advised me she will pass it on to the Croydon department and they will deal with my query with 5 working days.
A couple of days later nothing so sent email to liverpooleuro.passportreturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk, RODRequestsECT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, (both useless, just got auto reply) and complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
Then within 3 days of calling them I got a call from the croydon department to say that they would look into this but as far as they can see on their system my request was made end of June and that if its not more than 20 days there is nothing they can do.
Got desperate so from the 19/07/16 starting filling out the progress enquiry forms about 5 times each day.
then on on the 5 day from the time request was passed to Croydon team I called them and the gave me the same old wait another 10 days crap. I was fuming and demanded to speak to supervisor which he did and was on the phone to supervisor for 30 mins telling him I'm not hanging up til I speak to someone who has access to my file and tell me what is actually happening to my request. All he could say was he will send another emal to Croydon team again and mark it as urgent. within 4 working day after speaking to supervisor I got a call that my wifes paspsort has been sent and would be with us the next day before 1pm signed for. Got her passport back on the 26/07/16 more than a month after request it.
Where can I find this progress enquiry forms?

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Post by ill_gremlinx » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:11 am

You have already done it as you mentioned in your other post.
it is this form her: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml

JoannaF
Newly Registered

Post by JoannaF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:28 am

ill_gremlinx wrote:You have already done it as you mentioned in your other post.
Yes, I just realized that this is this form. Thank you! I'm going to the same as you did...annoy them. Just completed 7 requests. I did get a phone call last Friday that someone is dealing with my request and also an email week ago on Monday that 'your request has been forwarded to appropriate team to action. You'll receive your documents shortly' but nothing happened since :-( I'm about to lose my money, two and a half weeks of annual leave from work and my nerves! i'm so frustrated! need to get it by Saturday!

One more question: I've never received anything from Home office beside that email last Monday but i see on here that some people received like an acknowledgement letter? Did you get it too? Cause I only know that they have received it cause of the tracking info and money being taken out of my account one day later.

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Post by ill_gremlinx » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:51 am

JoannaF wrote:
ill_gremlinx wrote:You have already done it as you mentioned in your other post.
Yes, I just realized that this is this form. Thank you! I'm going to the same as you did...annoy them. Just completed 7 requests. I did get a phone call last Friday that someone is dealing with my request and also an email week ago on Monday that 'your request has been forwarded to appropriate team to action. You'll receive your documents shortly' but nothing happened since :-( I'm about to lose my money, two and a half weeks of annual leave from work and my nerves! i'm so frustrated! need to get it by Saturday!

One more question: I've never received anything from Home office beside that email last Monday but i see on here that some people received like an acknowledgement letter? Did you get it too? Cause I only know that they have received it cause of the tracking info and money being taken out of my account one day later.
I would suggest you call them asap. Tell them its been 5 days since your request was escalated to the Crydon department and nothing yet. if they say wait again demand to speak to a supervisor and get the supervisor to email the Croydon department and mark it a urgent as its well over a month and this is your 2nd escalation and you really need yo passport back for an import trip.

With regards to your other concern only non- EEA nationals receive biometric request and COA letters. EEA/EU just receive confirmation email within a month of application which I believe was the one you received on the 8th July so you are good.

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Post by ill_gremlinx » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:12 am

The annoying thing is that my wife was due to travel on the 23 July and the reply from the complaint department suggest that the passport was returned on 22 July by first class special delivery post and delivered and signed for on 26 July
If someone would have called and informed us of this on the 22 July she could have change her flight date but because we didn't she had to miss her flight and buy one way ticket (expensive ticket).
So basically 10 days holidays booked for turn out to be 5 days and extra cost.

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Post by ill_gremlinx » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:18 am

ill_gremlinx wrote:The annoying thing is that my wife was due to travel on the 23 July and the reply from the complaint department suggest that the passport was returned on 22 July by first class special delivery post and delivered and signed for on 26 July
If someone would have called and informed us of this on the 22 July she could have change her flight date but because we didn't she had to miss her flight and buy one way ticket (expensive ticket).
Come to think about it the complaint department are lying.
1st class special delivery is next day signed for right? lol

JoannaF
Newly Registered

Post by JoannaF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:12 pm

ill_gremlinx wrote:
ill_gremlinx wrote:The annoying thing is that my wife was due to travel on the 23 July and the reply from the complaint department suggest that the passport was returned on 22 July by first class special delivery post and delivered and signed for on 26 July
Come to think about it the complaint department are lying.
1st class special delivery is next day signed for right? lol
That's correct, they are laying! If I was you, I'd pest them for the extra money you spent on your wife's flight back! Even if they did attempt to delivery it on 22nd they would leave you 'red card'. I'm not going to leave it like this cause I've already lost my flight and I'm willing to buy another one but I'm running out of time again! Still planning to put all my receipts together and bill them until I get it back! It costs me too much stress as well.

Let's see what happens. I'll do as you say and call them up! I didn't know that they can email Croydon and chase it up cause they always say 'all we can do is another referral' and apparently if you do it within less than 5 working days the previous one 'disappears' lol What a lot of rubbish! Thank you very much for your help! Really appreciate it!

JoannaF
Newly Registered

Post by JoannaF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:31 pm

ill_gremlinx wrote:
JoannaF wrote:

I would suggest you call them asap. Tell them its been 5 days since your request was escalated to the Crydon department and nothing yet. if they say wait again demand to speak to a supervisor and get the supervisor to email the Croydon department and mark it a urgent as its well over a month and this is your 2nd escalation and you really need yo passport back for an import trip.

With regards to your other concern only non- EEA nationals receive biometric request and COA letters. EEA/EU just receive confirmation email within a month of application which I believe was the one you received on the 8th July so you are good.
I've called them just now and they're still saying the same thing...'I can do a referral for you'. that's all we can do. they put me though to a manger and he said the same thing...I'm just giving up. It's too stressful! :cry: :cry:

P.S. I didn't even get a confirmation that they have received my documents which is weird cause I've just asked my flatmate (she applied two weeks before me) and she received that email.